MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216-50/)
-   -   My 2008 CL63 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216/206964-my-2008-cl63-amg.html)

astral_essence 08-23-2007 02:37 AM

My 2008 CL63 AMG

Hello All,

Just wanted to take a moment and share. I usually am just an observer and don't typically post on the forums. In this case however, I was able to get a lot of good information on upgrades and wheel sizes etc. that I considered before making my final decision.

So I thought i would post my upgrades and experiences, in the hopes that it might provide some insight an ideas to anyone in a similar situation.

These first pics are of the stock car shortly after I purchased it. Next week I should have pictures and a list of upgrades done by James and his crew at Creative Autoworks down here in San Diego.

Thanks,
LG

astral_essence 08-23-2007 02:39 AM

Having a tough time resizing my pics from my 6.0M Cannon into the 800X600 requirements. Anyone have any easy solutions to uploading?

DFW01E55 08-23-2007 09:07 AM

This has worked for me:

* Connect your camera to your computer
* When your computer "sees" your camera, hit Reply on this thread
* Now, you see the paper clip thingy up there in the toolbar section of your reply?
* Click on that and it will open a box that says "Manage Attachments"
* The click on the Browse button
* Now find the camera directory on your computer where the pictures are located
* Single click on the pic and single click on Open. (Make sure those file sizes are less than 1.14 megs!)
* Now click on the Upload button
* Then click on Submit Reply.
Good luck

Can Drive 55 08-23-2007 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by astral_essence (Post 2379998)
Having a tough time resizing my pics from my 6.0M Cannon into the 800X600 requirements. Anyone have any easy solutions to uploading?

If you don't have any photo editing software in your computer, you can download Microfoft PowerToy Image Resizer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

It is self explanatory from there and you can resize to any one of several sizes.

MercPlease 08-23-2007 03:04 PM

If you upload it using imageshack you can check "resize image" and select what size you want it to be. Can't wait to see the pictures!!

astral_essence 08-23-2007 03:12 PM

Pics

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys. Can_Drive_55, that was a very easy and simplistic option!! Thanks again.

astral_essence 08-23-2007 03:15 PM

More pics

5 Attachment(s)
some more

AMGfan 08-23-2007 03:36 PM

That is truly a beautiful vehicle. Congratulations and enjoy the heck out of it...I'd PM Jangy on the E55 W211 board about Creative before you plunk down tons of cash. Read this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/203531-am-i-only-one-seeing-issues-vendors-tuners-industry.html

Good luck!

Jon

jangy 08-23-2007 06:12 PM

Microsoft picture resizer: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

Can Drive 55 08-23-2007 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by astral_essence (Post 2380715)
Thanks guys. Can_Drive_55, that was a very easy and simplistic option!! Thanks again.

You're welcome. That little program is quite useful. I use it every now and then myself. Nice car and photos. Congrats on the purchase.

neodoc 08-23-2007 10:44 PM

Beautiful 63, astral. It may sound like a stupid question, but what color is it exactly? There are a few shades of black available. Is the wood walnut or black ash? It's kinda hard to tell from the picture. In any case, it's truly beautiful. Enjoy it in good health. Mine should be coming by mid-Oct.

Al E 08-23-2007 11:34 PM

If you look close the CL63 has a yellow dip stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

astral_essence 08-23-2007 11:48 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the compliments guys. :y The car is triple black. Black exterior (order code 040), Black leather and black ash wood trim.

I broke the 1000 break-in period in a week and a half!! At around 1100 miles, I FINALLy switched to Sport mode and the car is an absolute beast! :zoom: It is definitely a treat to drive. Have to thank God for my blessings!!! Can't imagine what 738ft-lbs of torque must feel like at 2000rpm on a CL65AMG.

Also, thanks for the heads-up on Creative. I had already made a decision to go with them before I read the links that were provided. I hope everything works out for you Jangy without further complications.

Renntech referred me to them for the upgrades and I had a chance to really sit dwon and speak with James in reagrds to options and expectations. I am very detailed and I like to know every aspect of something before I commit and I make sure the people I am working with have a clear understanding of my expecattions beforehand. I think in this case, James did most, if not all of the work on my car personally.

Unfortunately, sometimes we all can encounter a bad experience, but the expectation is that the business learns from the mistake and corrects it from happening again. I will be getting the car back tomorrow and post pics of the small upgrades I have done.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the input and heads-up.

LG

cosmos 08-24-2007 12:34 AM

You dont have to dislcose payment, but did you lease, finance, or buy for cash?

And if not for cash, what were the terms?

Germancar1 08-24-2007 01:23 AM

Mercedes really did hit it out the park with the design this time around, simply gorgeous.

M

Goyard 08-24-2007 03:31 AM

It's really beautiful.

It's funny how different and much better looking the CL63 looks compared to the base non-AMG CL.

astral_essence 08-24-2007 12:41 PM

Finanace

Cosmos,

It was a finance for 60 months. Needed to keep the cash free for the upgrades. :p:

Originally Posted by cosmos (Post 2381515)
You dont have to dislcose payment, but did you lease, finance, or buy for cash?

And if not for cash, what were the terms?

GermanCarFan 08-24-2007 01:33 PM

My buddy just took delivery of his and instantly put on an Eisenmann exhaust. Sounds simply incredible now.

Here's a vid of the exhaust.

http://www.eisenhaus.com/video.php?v...MG_Revving.wmv

cosmos 08-24-2007 04:12 PM

Omg

Look FMJ, figure out how to link or be banned.:slap:

http://www.eisenhaus.com/video.php?v...MG_Revving.wmv

kaze81 08-24-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by astral_essence (Post 2382060)
Cosmos,

It was a finance for 60 months. Needed to keep the cash free for the upgrades. :p:

May I ask what dealer did u get it and any discount?? I sent u a PM too, please check and let me know. Thanks

mischa_clk55 08-24-2007 06:22 PM

Wow! Beautiful car! I saw this at the dealer as I was getting my car serviced....it's a head turner!

jangy 08-24-2007 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by astral_essence (Post 2381456)
Thanks for the compliments guys. :y The car is triple black. Black exterior (order code 040), Black leather and black ash wood trim.

I broke the 1000 break-in period in a week and a half!! At around 1100 miles, I FINALLy switched to Sport mode and the car is an absolute beast! :zoom: It is definitely a treat to drive. Have to thank God for my blessings!!! Can't imagine what 738ft-lbs of torque must feel like at 2000rpm on a CL65AMG.

Also, thanks for the heads-up on Creative. I had already made a decision to go with them before I read the links that were provided. I hope everything works out for you Jangy without further complications.

Renntech referred me to them for the upgrades and I had a chance to really sit dwon and speak with James in reagrds to options and expectations. I am very detailed and I like to know every aspect of something before I commit and I make sure the people I am working with have a clear understanding of my expecattions beforehand. I think in this case, James did most, if not all of the work on my car personally.

Unfortunately, sometimes we all can encounter a bad experience, but the expectation is that the business learns from the mistake and corrects it from happening again. I will be getting the car back tomorrow and post pics of the small upgrades I have done.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the input and heads-up.

LG

Good luck to you on your upgrades. What all you getting? ECU and headers?

Two things I need. First is a certified tech. Second is for an MB tech. The car costs too much to have something go worong.

GermanCarFan 08-24-2007 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=cosmos;2382320]Look FMJ, figure out how to link or be banned.:slap:

Am I missing something here??

djquix 08-24-2007 11:34 PM

that is a thing of beauty, I think I know what I want after my lease will be up on the cls...or maybe I'll wait to see how the new sl will look

jangy 09-06-2007 05:42 PM

Is that bad boy done? I wanna see that thing. Let's hook up for a ride and some pics!!