CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CL63 AMG
Thumbs up My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!

Hello All,

I know a few of you have been waiting patiently for me to post pics of my car after all the upgrades were done. Well, the car is finally done with all the exterior upgrades and below are the pics!

As for the exterior upgrades, Renntech is still (believe it or not) working on perfecting the headers for the CL63.

For Jangy and anyone else looking for a quality spot to take their cars to get Renntech upgrades and ANYTHING else, I cannot say enough about Matt Mesler @ Motorik Concierge. Motorik Concierge is located inside Keyes Mercedes in Van Nuys. They work hand in hand with the dealership and guess what?? Thats right, ALL the work is done by MB Technicians right there at the MB service center. ( I knew you would love that Jangy!!). So while my car was up there, they ran the little 1000 mile service, did an oil change per my request, removed and cleaned all the brakes, and modified the exhaust. Matt knows Hartmut Feyhl personally for the last 15 years and also knows the in and outs of the MB's astonishingly well. They do just about everything from performance upgrades, to complete interior re-work to sound systems etc. Of course I can't repeat enough that the work is done by MB techs so that you can be safe that your car is in good hands with people who work on Benzes EVERY day and they make sure all their work keeps the car under warranty. If you walk into Keyes Mercedes, they have a fully souped-up E with Renntech badges, wheels, upgrades etc. So you could actually go in there and buy a new Benz with upgrades. They have a very nice setup with Keyes Mercedes so ANYONE looking to have any type of performance mods done definitely should at least give them a call and check them out. They will also flatbed your car to and from where-ever you are to make it very convenient. I will be flat-bedding the car up there once the headers are done. I did tell Matt there were a few cats down here in SD that were looking for MB Techs to do upgrades on their car, so if you call him let him know that Logan w/ the CL63 referred you and you should get a special deal. ;-) His number is 310-975-9107.

If you guys have any questions let me know.

PS. ECU and exhaust mods have been done. The exhaust note sounds just like the Eisenamnn WITHOUT a cut and weld job and without removing the resonators or cats! LOVELY! only things left are throttle body and headers. Will flat-bed car up there for that.

God Bless.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:29 AM

2008 CL63 AMG
pics
Attached Thumbnails My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0158-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0159-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0168-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0169-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0170-medium-.jpg  

Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 AM

2008 CL63 AMG
more pics
Attached Thumbnails My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0172-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0179-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0180-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-17-2007, 12:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E400 COUPE SOLD -> Porsche Taycan 4S
wow.....
Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 AM

2008 CL63 AMG
close up pics of the rims

Rims were custom made by NC Forged. Considered to be one of the TOP rim manufactures in the business today! You can check out their website at www.ncforged.com. The are very aggresive with their fitments, use high quality materials like ARP Racing fastners & cut and forge the rims in-house.

Those are the reasons I chose to go with them. If you like what you see on my ride, then call Scotty (he's the VP of the company) and let him know Logan referred you and he promised me he would take care of you! The number is 714-879-3333 and make sure you ask for him exclusively.

Fo all those that actually call Matt Mesler or Scotty, PLEASE let me know how things go and whether they take care of you. You can either PM me or post on this thread.

Let me know what you guys think of the rims on the CL. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0161-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0162-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0165-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0173-medium-.jpg   My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-img_0177-medium-.jpg  

Old 09-17-2007, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
ouch that thing looked alot better stock.....nice ride though
Old 09-17-2007, 01:41 PM

very nice astral

Like the car, the wheels are a bit too much like jewelry, too ornate for my tastes for an autobahn burner but like the red calipers. I think chrome looks good on a 550 but a 63 deserves silver. The litmus test should be "can I take my car to drivers school or even track her." I couldnt show up at a track with chrome 22s.

My car will be white with black / carbon.

Delivery in early December. I will be the first I know of to incorporate Lorinser fenders with the factory bodykit which I like the lines better than Lorinser.

I think im going to lock into a 21" wheel. HRE 947
Attached Thumbnails My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-hre.jpg  

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 09-17-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Almost a Member!

'04 cl55

to each his own, right?
pimped out comes to mind
otoh, it must be unbelievable to drive!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLS450, 2021 Porsche 911 Cab
Who makes that spoiler?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:42 PM

2008 CL63 AMG
Spoiler

Brabus Spoiler

Originally Posted by deniska
Who makes that spoiler?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM

yea i was going to say, nice spoiler, much nicer than Lorinser
Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can I be honest??

The rims are NOT one of the best. NC forged is a new wheel company with very little experience.. Those wheels do not fit the car at all. They would fit a 550 much better. Whoever did the brakes forgot to clear them, they are not shiny enough. If your going for the whole black out look, you HAVE to paint the rear diffuser same color as the car. It looks out of place otherwise. The taillights are horrid IMO, and Im a fan of blacked out lights.

Its your car, my opinion doesnt matter, just giving you a heads up on my first thoughts after seeing the pictures.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
I think it looks pretty awesome. A lot of road presence. I like the blacked out tail lights!!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:30 PM

CL500 and ML55
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Can I be honest??

The rims are NOT one of the best. NC forged is a new wheel company with very little experience.. Those wheels do not fit the car at all. They would fit a 550 much better. Whoever did the brakes forgot to clear them, they are not shiny enough. If your going for the whole black out look, you HAVE to paint the rear diffuser same color as the car. It looks out of place otherwise. The taillights are horrid IMO, and Im a fan of blacked out lights.

Its your car, my opinion doesnt matter, just giving you a heads up on my first thoughts after seeing the pictures.
No need to be mean dude! It is his car and HE obviously is proud of it that is why he posted the pics. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 PM

you think that post was rude?

you should read others.

wasnt rude at all, as you can see here people have a wide view of opinions.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
I think the smoked lenses look great. From the side or the rear, they make up for what was previously a weak spot on the new CL. The diffuser makes it a nice package back there.
The wheels, well, I'm partial to the chromes in my avatar.

Did you dyno the car before the ECU and exhaust? If so, what did the mods yield?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:52 AM

i have to agree with blue monster on some points. we are all entitled to our own opinions and preferences. I had considered blacking out my cl at one point but knew that i would have to blackout all the chrome pieces that just scream out at you once the car is blacked out (ie. chrome ring around the windows, chrome strip under the doors, chrome strip on the trunk, chrome on the grill) also i am not a big fan of pieces of black painted on the wheels. Either its all chrome, or you black out the center, or keep it brushed. i agree that the diffuser should get painted to match...
Besides that i wishi i would have waited for the 63 to come out before i bought mine! Great Car though!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
I ageee with monster on all points.

LOVELY car but those wheels are just wrong for that car.

change the wheels and you'll be all set.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
yeah the wheels are horrid, NC forged is far from the best also! They screwed me pretty hard on a set of 23" rims about 4 years ago. not to mention the rims are a heavier mass than the AMG wheels that came with it... not to mention the chrome peeled in less than a year, and they didn't want nothing to do with it. They are lame, and my you never have any issues with them, because if you do, you'll be screwed. Good Luck bro

I agree with blue monster
Old 09-19-2007, 12:21 AM

03 cl500,04 range rover, 04 cayenne turbo, 08 yukon denali
Nice car..

A little too much for me..I love it stock...You'd probably get just as much attention with it stock...Looks a little pimped but I guess that all depends on the crowd you hang with? Looks to me like a "music star/pro sports player's" car..
Congrats on your success either way.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:29 AM

the black was so nice off the floor.....If you would have gotten the sports pkg wheels. I'll have a set in two months for sale.
Attached Thumbnails My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!-1999991_3.jpg  
Old 09-21-2007, 03:35 AM

any idea how much you'll be giving up your sport pkg wheels for?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by astral_essence
Hello All,

I know a few of you have been waiting patiently for me to post pics of my car after all the upgrades were done. Well, the car is finally done with all the exterior upgrades and below are the pics!

As for the exterior upgrades, Renntech is still (believe it or not) working on perfecting the headers for the CL63.

For Jangy and anyone else looking for a quality spot to take their cars to get Renntech upgrades and ANYTHING else, I cannot say enough about Matt Mesler @ Motorik Concierge. Motorik Concierge is located inside Keyes Mercedes in Van Nuys. They work hand in hand with the dealership and guess what?? Thats right, ALL the work is done by MB Technicians right there at the MB service center. ( I knew you would love that Jangy!!). So while my car was up there, they ran the little 1000 mile service, did an oil change per my request, removed and cleaned all the brakes, and modified the exhaust. Matt knows Hartmut Feyhl personally for the last 15 years and also knows the in and outs of the MB's astonishingly well. They do just about everything from performance upgrades, to complete interior re-work to sound systems etc. Of course I can't repeat enough that the work is done by MB techs so that you can be safe that your car is in good hands with people who work on Benzes EVERY day and they make sure all their work keeps the car under warranty. If you walk into Keyes Mercedes, they have a fully souped-up E with Renntech badges, wheels, upgrades etc. So you could actually go in there and buy a new Benz with upgrades. They have a very nice setup with Keyes Mercedes so ANYONE looking to have any type of performance mods done definitely should at least give them a call and check them out. They will also flatbed your car to and from where-ever you are to make it very convenient. I will be flat-bedding the car up there once the headers are done. I did tell Matt there were a few cats down here in SD that were looking for MB Techs to do upgrades on their car, so if you call him let him know that Logan w/ the CL63 referred you and you should get a special deal. ;-) His number is 310-975-9107.

If you guys have any questions let me know.

PS. ECU and exhaust mods have been done. The exhaust note sounds just like the Eisenamnn WITHOUT a cut and weld job and without removing the resonators or cats! LOVELY! only things left are throttle body and headers. Will flat-bed car up there for that.

God Bless.
Are you talking about Keys MB in Van Nuys, Ca?

If so, they did 180 about face with mine. They have no concern to cover up and protect the interior when taken in for service. I had to threaten them unless they put down paper floor mats, plastic on the seats and they had no plastic cover for my alcantara steering wheel. I brought my own for the steering wheel and gear shift lever!

BTW--yours looks awesome +1.

Last edited by m_berman; 09-21-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: s
Old 09-21-2007, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
why mess with perfection?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by astral_essence
Rims were custom made by NC Forged. Considered to be one of the TOP rim manufactures in the business today!

let me know what you guys think of the rims on the CL. Thanks.
i do not like them at all! but dont take my responce in a bad way its your car and as long as you like them thats all that matters.

by the way no one realy liked my rims in my sig either, it didnt bother me at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2008 CL63 AMG (Part II) - All Exterior Mods Done!