CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Deleted secondary cats.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89 e30 325is, 03 CL55, 2011 Toyota Sienna SE
To the both of you guys, thank you for taking the time and with the good responses.

Originally Posted by Timeless
I don't know your likes/dislikes...so hard to say. Obviously the stock drone at 70 MPH does not bother you now...so it is like that except a bit more pronounced...I stress a BIT more...it is not overwhelming...noticeable to someone that drives the car every day though.
I don't drive the car everyday, but I will take in consideration on what you are saying regarding the 70mph drone. I never paid attention to it, but I will now and make my decision. Now that you bring up these question, I will listen for it, at time I just zone out while I am driving, since LA drivers don't pay attention, I have to focus on driving around them.

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
300-cell metal core cats will give you roughly 10HP/12TQ while preventing any annoying drone. They will give you more bass but its not annoying (takes a few weeks for the sound transformation to complete). Also, you do help keep your emissions clean while improving performance of the vehicle (best of both worlds). For the pair its $180 shipped total. Here are the 300-cell metal core cats:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/High-...d=p3911.c0.m14
Thank you for the detail explanation and the link, I will look around at local shops that may have it, so I can just do an all in one stop. Does it make a difference in brand regarding the high flow cats... or are they all the same?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Raff
To the both of you guys, thank you for taking the time and with the good responses.

Thank you for the detail explanation and the link, I will look around at local shops that may have it, so I can just do an all in one stop. Does it make a difference in brand regarding the high flow cats... or are they all the same?
Yes, I would buy those in the link provided. Lots of times local muffler shops will try and sell you normal cats at performance prices claiming they are "high flow metal core" when in reality they are standard 400-cell ceramic core cats. Just buy them from that source and have them installed anywhere. hope that helps.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by benzino118
I have also done this to my CL55. Here is a clip I took of the exhaust sound. Sounds pretty sweet. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1roE8cDylY

sounds great!!!!
how was your power output did you gain anything??? or did you lose torque.
thanks
Old 01-20-2018, 10:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CL55
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Yes, I would buy those in the link provided. Lots of times local muffler shops will try and sell you normal cats at performance prices claiming they are "high flow metal core" when in reality they are standard 400-cell ceramic core cats. Just buy them from that source and have them installed anywhere. hope that helps.

Will these also work for primary cats or are they for secondary only?
Old 11-23-2018, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
I removed the rear cats and mufflers/resonators on my N/A CL500 exhaust with N/A CL55 engine, year 2002. It sounded too loud without the mufflers, without the rear cats it is ridiculously loud. Sounds deafening