CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Command Blacked Out, WTF!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55
Command Blacked Out, WTF!!!!

My cd changer broke so i bought one off of ebay and swapped it out today on my 03 CL55. All went well and worked fine until just now... i burned some cds and tried listening to them in my car, everything was fine, cd was playing then all of sudden, i heard a high pitched, static type of distorted sound and sound went dead, it also said "Loading CD" on command, which i thought was weird... So after few seconds, CD loaded and music came back on, then few seconds later, the same high pitch noise again and command was trying to load CD again. At this point im like "what the hell is going on...", after it loaded cd again, music came back on, the high pitched noise came back again but this time command went completely dead. No screen, all the lights on the command buttons went dead, all dead. Now im freakin out...

I guess I'm gonna have to bring to the dealer first thing monday but before i do, anyone have any insights on what might be wrong?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 cl55 amg Renntech air box w/ K&N's LET 180 pulley & Tune, HE & Pump, 3'' Exhaust res/cat delete
this just happened to me also just i was using the radio. did you bring it in to the dealer yet and what did they tell you it was?