CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

OBD II Code help Please

Old 04-18-2010, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E250 Bluetec 2002 CL55, 2000 430CLK Cab
OBD II Code help Please

Hi Guys,

Had the dreaded "Check Engine" light come on late Friday night for the first time. I bought an OBD II reader today (Costco $20) and checked the codes and here's what I got;

1. P0400 - Exhaust Gas Recirc - Flow Malfunction

2. P0105 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (BAR), Pressure Sensor Circuit

Is #1 an ERG valve replacement? No clue what #2 would be or if this is just a by-product of the first. I haven't driven the car since resetting the error codes and while I did restart the engine the "Check Engine" light did not come back on. Is it likely that this could have been a spurious error code or could this be shades of something bigger to come??

My car is an 02 model without Kompressor and has ~74K miles. I am covered under a Chrysler Maximum Care Warranty so if this is something that would e covered I'll certainly have the work done at the dealer but if this is considered a maintenance item I'll likely have my local indy take care of it.

I would definitely appreciate any insight some of the more technical guys here might have if you wouldn't mind.

Regards,
Paul
Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
Originally Posted by paul65k
Hi Guys,

Had the dreaded "Check Engine" light come on late Friday night for the first time. I bought an OBD II reader today (Costco $20) and checked the codes and here's what I got;

1. P0400 - Exhaust Gas Recirc - Flow Malfunction

2. P0105 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (BAR), Pressure Sensor Circuit

Is #1 an ERG valve replacement? No clue what #2 would be or if this is just a by-product of the first. I haven't driven the car since resetting the error codes and while I did restart the engine the "Check Engine" light did not come back on. Is it likely that this could have been a spurious error code or could this be shades of something bigger to come??

My car is an 02 model without Kompressor and has ~74K miles. I am covered under a Chrysler Maximum Care Warranty so if this is something that would e covered I'll certainly have the work done at the dealer but if this is considered a maintenance item I'll likely have my local indy take care of it.

I would definitely appreciate any insight some of the more technical guys here might have if you wouldn't mind.

Regards,
Paul

hey are you sure its p0400.. because i couln't find the code on my chart

but for p0105.. there's couple things that can trigger it.. could stuck air pressure valve or sensor volt spikes or pinch vacuum lines ..i don't know

you have to have the actual Mercedes scanner hook up and read livestream voltages and see whats going on with it..

if you clear it already drive it see if it come back.. hope it does not come back again.. lol

here's a pics of your valve.. look for it under your hood see if you can see any visual damage etc....

good luck.. let me know how it turn out..