CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Bluetooth IPhone issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth IPhone issue

Hey guys I'm sorry im kinda trying to get help real quick I cant seem to link my phones to my 2008 CL 63. I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and an IPhone 4. The blackberry I got somehow to get the contacts over into the car and it authorizes both phones but neither will connect. I'm not sure if I need an adapter or im slightly challenged but nothing will work. Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth IPhone issue-cl63-1.jpg  
Old 07-16-2010, 09:15 PM

S550
I recently upgraded my iPhone's operating system to 4.0 and lost the Bluetooth connection to my 2008 S550. Here is what I did to get it back:
1. Deactivate all phones from the car.
2. Remove the Bluetooth module in center arm rest. To do this, push down on the small button at top and slide backward.
3. Turn-off iPhone for 30 seconds and then turn back on.
4. Insert Bluetooth module back into cradle and press the MB button until it starts flashing.
5. From the iPhone search for the MB phone system.
6. When it is found key in the code.
7. Car should automatically connect.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:00 PM

Does my car come with a module or do I have to buy one seperately? and is the code preset from the car or do you just make one up and just match them? Thanks

Last edited by maddrama; 07-17-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:29 AM

2009 CL 63
Am having a similar problem with my cl. I cant get the contact list on the car even. How did you solve your problem?
Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLS 550 & 2004 CL55
If you haven't ever "paired" a phone. You first need to go into the phone setting and make it detectable. This is usually a countdown period where other bluetooth devices can find your phone. While the countdown is going, then tell your phone to search for devices. Then it it ask you for an authorization code (if it is a secure bluetooth device - sometimes it will just connect without a code if it is an "open" device). Then it will pair and the settings will be stored, and it should pair whenever you get near the car (when the car is on).

I'm not assuming this is anyone's problem, just want to be sure everyone understands the basics.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
I would be remiss, if I did not jump in and tell you this one of the most common support calls we get from MB dealers and clients. It can really depend on the part number of the MB puck. As it turns out, MB has dozens of different part numbers, and this one is compatible with this, that one is compatible with that... a real mess. Basically you always need the 'latest' part number from MB - OR - the Viseeo MB2, which is the same connection as the MB puck, but does not have all the compatibility issues that the MB branded ones have (and it is also upgradable by you the end user).
Old 08-27-2011, 03:30 AM

2009 CL 63
Thanks guys, figured it out. The authorisation code was MBUSA which was i wasent using. Since i live in Dubai and this is a gulf specs cars, i figured that MBUSA couldnt be the code. But its fine now and working great.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 PM
john steve

Bluetooth IPhone issue

wow such a nice and good thread being continue here,,as well as also you are providing good info,,and i will must say its just due to yours all the efforts and hard work which can be seen here..good work,,good luck..
Old 05-15-2014, 01:35 AM

CL65 AMG 2008 / G63 AMG 2013
I'm having problems too but:

My car (CL65AMG w216 2008 GCC Specs from Dubai) is connecting to my Iphone 5S (IOS7.1) but only from the phone. Meaning that if I want to connect I need to go to iPhone setting and Select MB and connect it.
but even when it s connected if I make a call I can choose from the phone MB / Iphone or Speaker but I can only have the conversation from the phone.

Never heard a noise from the car however it is putting the phone number of the person I'm calling ....

I've tried to increase to volume from the car from the phone, connect disconnect reconnect.... but nothing!!!!!

Any ideas?
thanks