CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Is your CL a prima donna?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by red60R
So please don't take this as a personal attack but that poor car is itching to get out and show you it can run :-) take it out....exercise that engine......run it hard.........don't let it decay in the garage...its a machine, meant to run, not sit. I know that everyone wants to pamper their "baby" and I have gone through that same mentality with my 911 turbo but in the end, I look back at some days I should have driven that car and am pissed at myself for not taking it out. Have a new car now and am going to drive it hard until I trade it out....my hope is that each of you will do the same to yours :-)
Well okay, I do not feel personally attacked but I feel that I have to explain myself a bit...

I just literally hit my one year anniversary with the car last night... here's the data from the 365 days that I've owned it:

I am no mathematician by any means, but to me that averages out to be about 12.5 miles driven per day and with 179 hours of engine run time that's about 7.5 days worth of the engine running during the year.

The car is also a very rare example of the S65 AMG with a very light interior color and all options. The car has extremely low miles, not a single ding, nick, scratch or scuff on the outside and not a piece of dirt or a crease in the leather on the inside. I intend to keep it this way!

Here have a look at how pretty she is:

Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CL65
Very nice! I have the same colored interior also in mint condition and that's why I don't drive it in the rain. I see that you have black floor mats I think that's a good idea.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 CLS63 AMG
my father bought his 08 CL63 new, late 07. he has 4,500 miles on it.