CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

W215 CL55/65 AMG ALL Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Conversion.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
To the 4 currently on the list, I originally was planning at 10 people at $1,800. But zneB-sedecreM suggested 5 at $3,600 each to possibly get this done quicker. Which to us is the same thing. So my question is, to those 4, if we get 1 more person are you ok with the price at $3,600 to get it done?

By the way, these would not come with limited edition decals this time, they will come with an actual metal plaque engraved with the serial number etc... mounted on bottom of the bumper.
You originally planned to charge $1800 to 10 people for full carbon fiber. Now you added $570 to that , or else they'll get Fiberglas with CF sides. Not good business practice .
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by tusabes
You originally planned to charge $1800 to 10 people for full carbon fiber. Now you added $570 to that , or else they'll get Fiberglas with CF sides. Not good business practice .
Not true, I told the OP that those prices were an estimate. After further calculating and pricing out the material for the exact length and quantity we need I got the final price which was posted. This is not about good or bad business practice, this is simply the cost of the item. Nothing was changed after people paid or gave deposits etc... This is why it was posted clearly for everyone to see for their consideration. Thanks for your 2 cents though.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by danlnyc

later down the line, would it be possible for one of GB members to sell or hand down his spot to me or other members? for example, they sold their car or had an accident etc

just a thought.

Of course, the original buyer may sell their bumper or spot to anyone at anytime as he or she wishes.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Designo Brilliant Black Paint W219
What a great project!

It's great to see that any idea coined out makes money in America. A country where people are ready to spend the money for befitting projects like this. Over here, people stingingly hold onto money as if there is no TOMORROW. It's sad that such an idea in Europe will make the brain behind it look stupid. People buy cars stock here and drive it into the ground stock. Simple alloy wheel upgrade is considered waste of money here. I have seen people here driving their CLs/SLs on 17s. Simple OEM rear light upgrade is considered unnecessary and waste of money. I have seen loads of CL/E/CLS AMG stock and they look nothing different from what am in the habit of seeing. Just wish we could do little more mods to our European cars like the way you guys do over there, I mean modifications that rhyme with the car's original concept will be great.

A simple 2009 OEM light upgrade that I did on my 06 CLS that cost me £450 because I got a special deal from the parts guy. A forum member on a UK forum who drives a similar CLS said that the money I wasted on rear light upgrade could have being used for a Mercedes C service. The funny part is that there was a consensus of opinion on the forum. Anyway, to each their own. I always bet to differ. Thank God for that!! Over here, people don't make that extra effort or involve money a little bit to make their cars exclusive. I wish I had a CL, I would have been on that list ages ago. People when they see me driving down in London will gape with their mouths wide open.

I hope people from Europe can join in this group buy and extend the list. Well it's a different subject regarding shipping to Europe. I look forward to seeing the final job. Great project anyway
Old 09-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by mcobinad
It's great to see that any idea coined out makes money in America. A country where people are ready to spend the money for befitting projects like this. Over here, people stingingly hold onto money as if there is no TOMORROW. It's sad that such an idea in Europe will make the brain behind it look stupid. People buy cars stock here and drive it into the ground stock. Simple alloy wheel upgrade is considered waste of money here. I have seen people here driving their CLs/SLs on 17s. Simple OEM rear light upgrade is considered unnecessary and waste of money. I have seen loads of CL/E/CLS AMG stock and they look nothing different from what am in the habit of seeing. Just wish we could do little more mods to our European cars like the way you guys do over there, I mean modifications that rhyme with the car's original concept will be great.

A simple 2009 OEM light upgrade that I did on my 06 CLS that cost me £450 because I got a special deal from the parts guy. A forum member on a UK forum who drives a similar CLS said that the money I wasted on rear light upgrade could have being used for a Mercedes C service. The funny part is that there was a consensus of opinion on the forum. Anyway, to each their own. I always bet to differ. Thank God for that!! Over here, people don't make that extra effort or involve money a little bit to make their cars exclusive. I wish I had a CL, I would have been on that list ages ago. People when they see me driving down in London will gape with their mouths wide open.

I hope people from Europe can join in this group buy and extend the list. Well it's a different subject regarding shipping to Europe. I look forward to seeing the final job. Great project anyway
Thanks. I am surprised to hear that many in the UK do not modify their cars so much. We have sold a decent amount of parts to the UK, but now from what I hear, it seems we must have sold to the very few. Here in t he USA, you see many modified cars, however sadly half of them are not tastefully done!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Come On Guys lets get more people on this LIST!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I think this is still the current list

1. zneB-sedecreM
2. kenpho10
3. pman
4. JDS28
5. kamilclk430

I also wanted to point out that the center mesh of your stock bumper will be re used on the new one, and your side impact strips will also be re used. To those who want the full carbon bumper and plan to leave it unpainted, Although i agree exposed carbon is a beautiful thing to look at, from a looks stand point i do recommenced against it. Being this bumper will still require your impact strip it won't look right, unless you paint them black. But I do not feel the CL is a car that needs an exposed carbon fiber front end. However that is ultimately up to the customer.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
So close but yet so far .......
Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
So close but yet so far .......
We are ready to start! we just need more bodies!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
If we're using the original center mesh peice, how will it have that point? Do we just bend it into place I assume?
Old 09-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
If we're using the original center mesh peice, how will it have that point? Do we just bend it into place I assume?
As of now, it looks like the stock mesh can stay the same, we are building the top portion out a bit and slightly changing the shape, the bottom too very minor. I feel that it will not require us to have to reshape the center mesh. Should it not look right and we decide to re shape the mesh, we then will include new mesh for the center if we did.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:17 AM

S500 LWB ( W221 ) - CL63 Biturbo ( W216 ) CL 55 Kompressor ( W215 Sold ) C43 AMG ( W202 Sold )
Originally Posted by mcobinad

I you go to the MBClub UK Forum ( Which is undoubtedly is the best Forum in the UK ) you will see a lot of members have modified there cars

Last edited by Mercedes22; 09-22-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Have we stalled out?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 PM

2005 cl55 eurocharged flash
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Have we stalled out?
I think this group buy will be a tough sell due to the $$$$ cost.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by kenpho10
I think this group buy will be a tough sell due to the $$$$ cost.
I agree 100% I wish we can make it cheaper
Old 10-25-2012, 04:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Hi Guys,

I am bringing this back up to see what type of interest is still here on this? Reason I am asking is because I have an incredibly opportunity to buy a very large amount of carbon raw material for an incredibly low price from a composite company who is going out of business. (they use to make carbon helmets, yet that have over 500 yards available!) The material is what was killing us on the cost here, but if the price can be brought back down to the original for 10 people in FULL carbon is there still interest?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Banned

MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
I think you know where I stand. It sucks if this doesn't get made. I keep looking at the W215 CL's, and the front end just KILLS and DATES the car so much. It's too rounded. A W211 E63 looks years and years newer than the CL's only because of the front end, which we desperately need. It would look so much sexier and aggressive and newer if we had a bumper to give it the "beak" like almost all of the new Benz's /AMG's have. I doubt that any other company is ever going to make something like this because the platform has passed. It's about to be 2 chasis behind next year with the W217 (If it isn't re-branded as an S Class Coupe), so the idea of new, amazing pieces made out of carbon fiber is very unlikely. The W215 is one of the most niche cars Mercedes has made in the last 20 years, it's not like a W211 where you will see one everyday, everywhere. Things will keep being made for those E Classes, for every 60 E Class, there is 1 CL Class, there's a market for those cars. Just imagine; seeing an updated, much more aggressive, sleeker, refined and menacing face to the W215 AMG. It would get the re-fresh it should have gotten before MB killed off the chasis. It's something you'll never see, especially if only 10 will be roaming around.

Last edited by zneB-sedecreM; 10-25-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
I think you know where I stand. It sucks if this doesn't get made. I keep looking at the W215 CL's, and the front end just KILLS and DATES the car so much. It's too rounded. A W211 E63 looks years and years newer than the CL's only because of the front end, which we desperately need. It would look so much sexier and aggressive and newer if we had a bumper to give it the "beak" like almost all of the new Benz's /AMG's have. I doubt that any other company is ever going to make something like this because the platform has passed. It's about to be 2 chasis behind next year with the W217 (If it isn't re-branded as an S Class Coupe), so the idea of new, amazing pieces made out of carbon fiber is very unlikely. The W215 is one of the most niche cars Mercedes has made in the last 20 years, it's not like a W211 where you will see one everyday, everywhere. Things will keep being made for those E Classes, for every 60 E Class, there is 1 CL Class, there's a market for those cars. Just imagine; seeing an updated, much more aggressive, sleeker, refined and menacing face to the W215 AMG. It would get the re-fresh it should have gotten before MB killed off the chasis. It's something you'll never see, especially if only 10 will be roaming around.
I agree with you 100% and it takes a true enthusiast to even notice this! Even if we can do the full front bumper in carbon with 10 people, it seems the interest has faded sadly....
Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I like the look but having a silver car , would have to have a paintable bumper, does not matter if it is CF or uethene.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 E320, 2005 CL55
I need a new front bumper due to tire recaps on the highway, but please don't forget Amgen led fog lights
Old 10-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I like the look but having a silver car , would have to have a paintable bumper, does not matter if it is CF or uethene.
Of course. It would look silly unpainted, unless the entire car is carbon fiber
Old 10-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by pman
I need a new front bumper due to tire recaps on the highway, but please don't forget Amgen led fog lights
Those damn tire recaps! I hate seeing parts of them on the road! I was behind a truck recently towing my 53ft race car trailer and heard a loud bang and saw smoke and his tire blew out! Incredibly I was behind him and somehow I was so lucky his tire flew off to the left lane and totally missed me. I sure do feel bad for the cars behind me in that lane....

The LED fogs would be optional.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
If we had interest, I can do the full carbon fiber bumper with 10 people for the original $1,800 price! And if you wanted the fiberglass bumper with only side vents in carbon, I think we can take about $200 off that to make it $1,600.

THESE PRICES ARE ONLY CONTINGENT ON IF I WAS TO PURCHASE THE CARBON MATERIAL FOR THE DISCOUNTED PRICING.

The good news is the guy I know selling it is leaving tomorrow to head to the SEMA show for his new company he works for and will not be selling it to anyone else until he comes back the following week on Monday November 2nd. I do have first dibs on this, however we only have a little over a week to make this happen which can be near impossible to round up 10 members so quickly.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Bumping old thread to show how a w220 owner updates the s class simply bonding the lower section of a newer mb bumper on

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...nt-bumper.html

I think the best thing for CL benzes is just to make a custom bumper like this
Old 12-16-2013, 07:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
'06 CL55 AMG, '08 SL65 AMG, '09 e550 4Matic, '13 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
I may be interested, if it weren't CF and I could get some type of guaranty on fit, finish, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W215 CL55/65 AMG ALL Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Conversion.