CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Removing these DAMN rear headrests!!

Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL55
Removing these DAMN rear headrests!!

So now that I got my sub in, Im in the process of taking things apart like the trunk panels, rear seat and c pilers but one damn thing I can't get off is the passenger side rear headrest. I got the driver side off but for some reason I can't get the other side. So for those who have done this before, the w215 only has one lever but the thing is I pushed the lever down on the driver side and both of the shafts came out but for the other side only one comes out and the other is still in. I need to get this resolved, someone please help!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by JPhamily
So now that I got my sub in, Im in the process of taking things apart like the trunk panels, rear seat and c pilers but one damn thing I can't get off is the passenger side rear headrest. I got the driver side off but for some reason I can't get the other side. So for those who have done this before, the w215 only has one lever but the thing is I pushed the lever down on the driver side and both of the shafts came out but for the other side only one comes out and the other is still in. I need to get this resolved, someone please help!!!
ah.. the infamous headrest release mechanism. when it works- it works. when it gets jammed - you are **** out of luck. beer, patience and lucky wiggle are your friends.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL55
So I finally got the headrest off. All the wiggling I did didn't even work. So for the headrests, there's this little black lever your suppose to push and it unlocks the headrest but there only one lever which doesn't make sense because there should be two. After searching around online, there was a guy that said he ended up having to take this little metal peace out that looks like a paper clip. I eventually found that paper clip but it was so hard to get to. There was no way you can stick your head behind the headrest and look at it. I used a mirror and after awhile of prying and picking I finally got it off. Man all of this would've been avoided if it wasn't for that jammed paper clip. Other then that the job was pretty easy. I put everything back togther in less then half an hour.

Last edited by JPhamily; 10-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.