CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Thinking on getting the CL55AMG- Advice needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Altima
Thinking on getting the CL55AMG- Advice needed

Hi Guys
I am new to the forum. I am a soon to be Benz owner and one of the models i was considering is a 2004 CL55 AMG. Needed experienced owners advice on the car/ model
I am looking at the 03/ 04's as they are in my budget. I live in Stamford, CT USA and have been looking at some on Craigslist's, Autotrader and Cars.com. The ones iam looking at have about 60000-80000 miles approx. and are in the late teens to early twentys in $$.
1) How is the reliability of these cars in relation to engine/ tranny etc? I know these cars are premium so fixing/ maintainance will be through the roof compared to normal cars if anything goes wrong
2) Is there anything i should beware/ check before getting this year and mileage?
3) Is anyone from this tri-state that owns this car? Do you dealer service or would going to a good local mechanic that is experienced better? If yes, does anyone know any local mechanic servicing these cars in the tri-state?
4) Should i get an extended warranty from a third party? If yes, which company and will that be any good?
The only thing that is keeping me from buying this beauty asap is the nightmare that something may go wrong with it and it may cost me 1000's of $$ to fix and I will not be able to afford.
This car has been my dream car for sometime now, but just wanted real owners advice before i take the plunge
Thanks a lot guys )
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
Search the forum. Your questions have been answered on multiple ocassions.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
ABC ABC ABC, forget about it, seriously bro
Old 10-17-2012, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by samy082
Hi Guys
I am new to the forum. I am a soon to be Benz owner and one of the models i was considering is a 2004 CL55 AMG. Needed experienced owners advice on the car/ model
I am looking at the 03/ 04's as they are in my budget. I live in Stamford, CT USA and have been looking at some on Craigslist's, Autotrader and Cars.com. The ones iam looking at have about 60000-80000 miles approx. and are in the late teens to early twentys in $$.
1) How is the reliability of these cars in relation to engine/ tranny etc? I know these cars are premium so fixing/ maintainance will be through the roof compared to normal cars if anything goes wrong
2) Is there anything i should beware/ check before getting this year and mileage?
3) Is anyone from this tri-state that owns this car? Do you dealer service or would going to a good local mechanic that is experienced better? If yes, does anyone know any local mechanic servicing these cars in the tri-state?
4) Should i get an extended warranty from a third party? If yes, which company and will that be any good?
The only thing that is keeping me from buying this beauty asap is the nightmare that something may go wrong with it and it may cost me 1000's of $$ to fix and I will not be able to afford.
This car has been my dream car for sometime now, but just wanted real owners advice before i take the plunge
Thanks a lot guys )
Hey I sent you a PM. Take a look.