CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

The best wheels?

Old 03-23-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl
The best wheels?

Hi everyone, i got a couple dumb questions i need help figuring out.
What is the difference between Vossen wheels Velos,and HRE wheels besides one costing 10 times the price of the other?
Are the HREs really that much better of a wheel or are you just paying for a name/look?
What brand of wheels are your favorite, or consider the best ,and why?
Also.......i think this topic has already been gone over but..
What is the widest rear tires that will fit on my 03 cl without rubbing or causing problems?
Thank you

Last edited by trag; 03-23-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Widebody V8
Am I biased? Yes of course, but without boasting about the brand I'd rather give you the facts along with what we stand for to help out with your decision, without comparing brands, because ultimately that's not my place to do so.

What makes HRE Wheels unique is that we take a no compromise position on every detail throughout the process of making your wheels. When it comes down to design, each application we look at every aspect to find ways to make it better. The materials, the machining times, the design, and the hands on work like powdercoating, brushing, packaging, shipping, everything we take into account and make sure it's at the highest level it can possibly be. Sure, you're buying a name brand with that too, the "HRE Club" is exclusive, but what you're buying is the highest possibly quality you can buy while still receiving something fully custom built specific to your application.

We've got multiple designs that are 1 piece and 3 to choose from, so ultimately there's going to be a design for everyone. Feel free to get in touch or ask me any questions so that I can further help out the decision.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,000 Likes on 807 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
HRE wheels are very well made. The biggest problem is that they use unobtanium mined from the moons of Pandora. It looks feels and machines just like all the forged aluminum other wheel manufacturers use. Yes, you get to brag about your HRE wheels.
The following users liked this post:
CerBErusM113 (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 11:48 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 CLS63 S AMG
^Lol! I'm guessing no one else has a sense of humor
Old 04-08-2016, 06:51 PM
SPONSOR

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
G55
HRE!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W215 CL55k Weistec & Jag X-Type
I'm delighted with my 20" HRE wheels, they are so light and well machined - specifically for the car too.

Sadly they are just sitting on the floor at the moment, but they should be fitted to the car soon along with 4 Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I went with 295/30/20 on the rear, I will let you know if they rub. The car is lowered via a module so I can adjust if need be.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

After the aluminum ore is mined from the moons of Pandora, it's brought back to earth and then forged in a press made from the remains of a dwarf star to get the absolute best forging available in the universe. The aluminum forgings are then each carried on the back of a sherpa to the top of Mount Everest where Tebatian monks have an HRE blessing ceremony. After the ceremony, the Tebatian monks gather all the aluminum forgings and deliver them to the HRE factory in the US via horseback to the Indian Ocean and on from there in a hand hued canoe all the way to the US factory. The forgings lucky enough to survive the journey become HRE wheels.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
Originally Posted by BlownV8
After the aluminum ore is mined from the moons of Pandora, it's brought back to earth and then forged in a press made from the remains of a dwarf star to get the absolute best forging available in the universe. The aluminum forgings are then each carried on the back of a sherpa to the top of Mount Everest where Tebatian monks have an HRE blessing ceremony. After the ceremony, the Tebatian monks gather all the aluminum forgings and deliver them to the HRE factory in the US via horseback to the Indian Ocean and on from there in a hand hued canoe all the way to the US factory. The forgings lucky enough to survive the journey become HRE wheels.
Tell us how you really feel, LOL.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Widebody V8
Originally Posted by BlownV8
This is great
Old 04-11-2016, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
I heard on the internet (so it must be true) that their factory was relocated to a large asteroid in the Asteroid Belt so all machine work is done in the nearly perfect zero gravity environment. Supposed to improve runout tolerances by .00000083721".

Glad to see you are taking the ribbing in good fun Jurrian. You guys make some beautiful wheels and only a company comfortable with and confident in their product can laugh when someone on the internet pokes a little fun at you.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Widebody V8
Originally Posted by Dr Matt
I heard on the internet (so it must be true) that their factory was relocated to a large asteroid in the Asteroid Belt so all machine work is done in the nearly perfect zero gravity environment. Supposed to improve runout tolerances by .00000083721".

Glad to see you are taking the ribbing in good fun Jurrian. You guys make some beautiful wheels and only a company comfortable with and confident in their product can laugh when someone on the internet pokes a little fun at you.
Haha! Oh man... It's all in good fun so no worries, but thank you for the compliment. You guys are cracking me up over here man
Old 04-11-2016, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, all in good fun.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E550 | Sold: '03 CL55 '06 E55 '00 E55, '97 BMW 540i, '85, '87, '91, '93 &'94 Mazda RX-7s
Talking

Wait a minute....serious question now....Does unobtanium bend when it hits a typical north-eastern post-winter apocalyptic pothole or do these wheels simply Float over the depression due to its zero gravity origin?

Couldn't resist. Freaking nice looking wheels though.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, unobtanium will bend much likealuminum but only when mounted on something very heavy like a car. The biggest problem is that the streets of Detroit, Philadelphia, Boston, and some other areas are laid using kriptonium. Unobtanium and streets or should I say potholes of kriptonium don't get along. Something with the positive and negative charges clashing when unobtanium wheels are mounted on a car.

Look, there is an upside. Let's say the off chance that the unobtainium wheels do bend. If you send them back to HRE, they use a process whereas they harness angel tears to repair the wheels. Getting the angel tears is not cheap or easy. They say the process starts on the top of Everest as mentioned in a few posts above. The Tebatian monks gather for the wheel blessing ceremony and one Tebatian monk per ingot of unobtainium grants their soul to the chunk of forged unobtainium. The resulting tears from ths angels are gathered at that time to be used if the wheel ever needs repair.

Last edited by BlownV8; 04-14-2016 at 09:44 AM.