CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Happy day! Got my CL65!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2012 AMG CL65
Its not a failed project car. Yes I realize its not worth what I had hoped but by no means is failed. Sure it does not run 9's but it can run 10s and is the cleanest one out. I realize the market is slow which is why I have dropped it to the 80's. I know the facts and someone will see the value in what they are getting. How many othe W216s have a trans or turbo or AC warranty? How many are ready for an expensive service? This car is all up to service and needs nothing and has never seen rain plus many one off items. Its not the run of te mill W216 CL65.

If it dont sell it dont sell. I will just keep it. Just means one night a week I have to forgo bone in ribeye and go with New York strip. Makes no difference to me. I just had other plans but plans change. It is what it is.

I do appreciate your input though as its much more thought out than someone else that just likes to bash. So Thanks KLR CLS.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Failed as in did not live up to the hype you were sold. Again, it's not a total failure but the results were not as billed. You still have a great car but for the amount you spent it should be north of 1,000 RWHP and could get there with a stand alone ECU. Just a shame they can't tune for high boost.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
'15 GLK350, '05 CL65 AMG, '04 C320 4matic
@ LaserSVT
Can't blame you for trying to get the most for your car that you can. I don't get the bashers, unless they just hope to pick it up cheap. I'm sure you already understand the reality. No need for everyone piling on over the depreciation angle -- we all are aware of that, and what will be will be.

Nice car, and I enjoyed following your threads on it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Geraldius:
Dr Matt (08-07-2017), LaserSVT (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 01:11 PM

2012 AMG CL65
Originally Posted by Geraldius
@ LaserSVT
Can't blame you for trying to get the most for your car that you can. I don't get the bashers, unless they just hope to pick it up cheap. I'm sure you already understand the reality. No need for everyone piling on over the depreciation angle -- we all are aware of that, and what will be will be.

Nice car, and I enjoyed following your threads on it.
I do love the car and think I will just keep it unless the right offer comes along. Its not like I am hurting for cash. Its just ignorant bashers that really tick me off. Yeah I know the car depreciates bad but someone will see it for what it is. If stock ones of the same year and similar miles are nearly 70 why they would say this one is worth 50k is beyond me.
Its service is impeccable and the mods are fantastic.
The following users liked this post:
Dr Matt (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Laser, you open yourself up to all the criticism you have been getting. A quick recap:

The Negative:

You came on the forum led to believe you could have a 1000WHP car by just waving around a fist full of money.

Many people politely warned you of the obstacles and the fact that its not just about a build, but a tune. You dismissed everyone.

After several months, you start to see the truth. Most peoples statements were more accurate than you were willing to admit.

After almost a year, frustrated with many excuses, you end up with the car returned incomplete with the need to go to another shop.

In hopes to get a refund you continue to support the shop that lied to you about ability, power level, let alone an inexcusable amount of time lost. Nice way to mislead others into the same boat as yourself.

Your car was damaged at their place requiring paint work.

You claim the car made "X" amount of power, but never posted the final clean dyno runs.

Now you come to the forums in disbelief looking for enthusiast to ride the coat tails of your claims of the car. The same audience that tried to help you, you hope to pawn the car off to? Its hard to accept any good when so much bad has been sugar coated as if it didn't happen.

This is the wrong group to try a used car salesman approach.

The Positive:

If the car is a true performer, post a video/time of 60-130, post a clean dyno sheet, show time slips of your 1/4 mile passes. Show the car getting through all the gears. That's how you can actually help sell the car. Bragging about not needing money 5 star shop and multiple houses doesn't help.

Put the car on Ebay and see what it brings, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If the money isn't there its because people don't see value in what it is. If it doesn't sell let it go for less or don't be upset and keep it.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Originally Posted by Geraldius
@ LaserSVT

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 08-07-2017, 07:28 PM

2012 AMG CL65
Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Laser, you open yourself up to all the criticism you have been getting. A quick recap:

The Negative:

You came on the forum led to believe you could have a 1000WHP car by just waving around a fist full of money.
You are correct, I did. Sadly I was mistaken.
I should have gone with a W215. Much easier to accomplish my goals.

Many people politely warned you of the obstacles and the fact that its not just about a build, but a tune. You dismissed everyone.
Again, you are correct sir. I had looked up to Speedriven for a long time and really wanted to believe all they had promised me. I have none to blame but myself.
After several months, you start to see the truth. Most peoples statements were more accurate than you were willing to admit.
Again, true. Sad fact but true. Took a lawyer to get things moving.
After almost a year, frustrated with many excuses, you end up with the car returned incomplete with the need to go to another shop.

In hopes to get a refund you continue to support the shop that lied to you about ability, power level, let alone an inexcusable amount of time lost. Nice way to mislead others into the same boat as yourself.
Yes, Eurocharged was spectacular and had I known about them before sending the car I would have used them.
Great crew, great service. I do not support SpeeDriven nor have lied about them. The craftsmanship was excellent, the communication and tuning was very lacking.

Your car was damaged at their place requiring paint work.
That is correct. They punctured and ABC line and scratched my front bumper. They had fixed both issues and the color match (as shown in many pictures) is perfect with no orange peel or any issues to complain about.
You claim the car made "X" amount of power, but never posted the final clean dyno runs.
I feel embarrassed here as I am unable to locate the dyno sheet. I did just email Eurocharged and I am sure I will have a new one by tomorrow I can post for you.
Now you come to the forums in disbelief looking for enthusiast to ride the coat tails of your claims of the car. The same audience that tried to help you, you hope to pawn the car off to? Its hard to accept any good when so much bad has been sugar coated as if it didn't happen.

This is the wrong group to try a used car salesman approach.
I dont feel as if I am pawning off the car. No,
it did not meet my expectations nor will it due to me using the wrong platform. But I am not pawning it off, I am losing money and willing to do so because it was my sheer stupidity that put me in this situation. Fact of the matter is its still a spectacular car.
Its not a 9 second car but 10s are easily there with corn. This is what Eurocharged has told me and they have been very straight forward and never made any statements they didnt back up.

The Positive:

If the car is a true performer, post a video/time of 60-130, post a clean dyno sheet, show time slips of your 1/4 mile passes. Show the car getting through all the gears. That's how you can actually help sell the car. Bragging about not needing money 5 star shop and multiple houses doesn't help.

Put the car on Ebay and see what it brings, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If the money isn't there its because people don't see value in what it is. If it doesn't sell let it go for less or don't be upset and keep it.

Good luck with the sale.
Thank you for the wishes of good luck with the sale even though I can sense the sarcasm.

The drag video of where it did its 11.1 is already posted here but here are the pics of some of the time slips.
I am also including a video (closed course in Mexico) of speeds requested. I did go from a stop and was at half throttle till 30 due to coming out of a corner and it being gravel. It is on low boost mode, only 10psi) as I am oly running pump gas at the moment.
I did a second video showing it going through all 5 gears as it does not hit 5th at WOT till 200 and you can see the road gets a little bumpy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5e8...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuKE...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-07-2017, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL65
Originally Posted by LaserSVT
Thank you for the wishes of good luck with the sale even though I can sense the sarcasm.

The drag video of where it did its 11.1 is already posted here but here are the pics of some of the time slips.
I am also including a video (closed course in Mexico) of speeds requested. I did go from a stop and was at half throttle till 30 due to coming out of a corner and it being gravel. It is on low boost mode, only 10psi) as I am oly running pump gas at the moment.
I did a second video showing it going through all 5 gears as it does not hit 5th at WOT till 200 and you can see the road gets a little bumpy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5e8...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuKE...ature=youtu.be
This is supportive of your claims, the luck with sales was not sarcasm, despite the comments above. I just don't care for deception, but providing prospective buyers proof that the car runs clean with aftermarket turbos will help you with your sale, despite all other obstacles. The time slips also give a little more info. I do wish you luck with the sale, its a car with great potential in the right hands.
LaserSVT (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 11:06 PM

2012 AMG CL65
We are planning a trip to Ennis with my crew. Its proven to be .15-.2 quicker than Little River. over a dozen cars in our group have done it. So that 10 second pass is within my grasp.
I am really thinking of just going ahead and doing the corn conversion on mine that way no more big buck race fuel, car can run in 20psi mode all the time and its a system thats flex so the car can still run on 93 should I be in an area with no E85.
I just cant see doing the 9" conversion and rods for nearly 20k to do an actual 9 secnd run. That and with the 9" conversion the top speed will be limited to like 200 which is still fast but when I saw that thing hit 220 and still pull it was so very exciting. Never drove or been in anything that could go that fast.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:08 PM

2012 AMG CL65
This is supportive of your claims, the luck with sales was not sarcasm, despite the comments above. I just don't care for deception, but providing prospective buyers proof that the car runs clean with aftermarket turbos will help you with your sale, despite all other obstacles. The time slips also give a little more info. I do wish you luck with the sale, its a car with great potential in the right hands.
I wish I had a cleaner raod near by to really launch it but thats the best I had on short notice. You can see the car pulls clean, shifts well and is very stable despite the roads condition.

But yeah, I should have listened to y'all. With Eurocharged I bet they would have just done billet turbines and E85 and the car would be faster, done quicker and much less money spent.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL65
I think the car can run 10s based on the MPH. The 60 ft sucks, but it's a heeeeeeaaaavvvvyyyy car. Also think your 1/8 mph suffers as a result of the weight. It picks up a lot from there showing there is a great amount of power. Try dropping tire pressure to 20 lbs, maybe better weather will get you there. Can you modulate your boost control based on rpm? Maybe that could help you get a little more out of it without hitting torque limits.

The car appeals to a small audience to begin with, now modded, the person who can understand the car and work on it cannot afford it, that becomes your main problem.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:29 AM

2012 AMG CL65
I think the car can run 10s based on the MPH. The 60 ft sucks, but it's a heeeeeeaaaavvvvyyyy car. Also think your 1/8 mph suffers as a result of the weight. It picks up a lot from there showing there is a great amount of power. Try dropping tire pressure to 20 lbs, maybe better weather will get you there. Can you modulate your boost control based on rpm? Maybe that could help you get a little more out of it without hitting torque limits.

The car appeals to a small audience to begin with, now modded, the person who can understand the car and work on it cannot afford it, that becomes your main problem.
The track we rented is notorious for being .12-.2 slower than our better tracks. We will run it at Ennis in a couple weeks and it should see a high 10 with no issue. Problem is the TC is locked by 1800 so thats all I can stall it up to. With the 305 drag radials it does dead hook and I only see the TC light flicker for a half second in first and not at all in the other gears. Track has a notorious bad DA and is uphill. But yeah, the timeslip shows the car makes the power claimed due to its speed gains. I dont think it will ever do a 1.6 60' but I bet I can get it to 1.7 flat.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NB8 PARACHUTE
`

When you run at Ennis

in the next week or two

are you going to have

your camera crew with you

I love watching / hearing this car

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 08-09-2017, 05:24 PM

2012 AMG CL65
Originally Posted by COOPERDB
`

When you run at Ennis

in the next week or two

are you going to have

your camera crew with you

I love watching / hearing this car

Thank-You
D.B.

`
There will be a dozen or so of us so I am sure we will get some videos. I am gonna stick a couple of my GoPros on it too if I remember to bring them this time. Completely forgot to bring them last time.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Thank-You
D.B.

`
LaserSVT (08-09-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 06:51 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
Jesus D. B. come up for air some time.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG
Originally Posted by 1ForcedBenz
Jesus D. B. come up for air some time.
Hahahahahaha his head is moving like
Old 08-10-2017, 03:19 PM

2012 AMG CL65
You would think this was a damn Mustang forum.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
You would think this was a damn Mustang forum.
You should know I mean you no disrespect, I'm in the same boat with a W216 that I have way more into then you even do and it sucks I know. When my S600 can pull it, well that's just sad!

It's just the people interested in your car, can't afford it and are dreamers.
LaserSVT (08-10-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 05:55 PM

2012 AMG CL65
Originally Posted by 1ForcedBenz
You should know I mean you no disrespect, I'm in the same boat with a W216 that I have way more into then you even do and it sucks I know. When my S600 can pull it, well that's just sad!

It's just the people interested in your car, can't afford it and are dreamers.
Oh I know. Its just sometimes people get a little more Mustang crowd in here than mature adults.
All of us in here with any CL are, for lack of a better word, special. We have an elegant and beautiful series of car that many can not ever afford or even ride in. Hell, most of my friends have never seen another CL65. So most of us here have taste, class and style and tend to be more respectful to others. But all forums have exceptions and I try (not always successfully) to just ignore and be tolerant.

I can be a hot head though and usually feel immature when I let it out. There are some that see the shiny red button and push it though. lol

I forget where I was going with all this but its all good, I have no issues with you. There are maybe 3 people here that annoy me and you are not one of them.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:55 PM

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
'15 GLK350, '05 CL65 AMG, '04 C320 4matic
Oh I know. Its just sometimes people get a little more Mustang crowd in here than mature adults.
Hey! I resemble that remark! I have a '65 myself -- Mustang that is...
All of us in here with any CL are, for lack of a better word, special. We have an elegant and beautiful series of car that many can not ever afford or even ride in. Hell, most of my friends have never seen another CL65. So most of us here have taste, class and style and tend to be more respectful to others.
I know, right? I feel like we should be sitting here smoking cigars and sipping whiskey, while nodding in sage agreement...

Lol! It's an open internet forum -- don't take it seriously at all. There's bound to be circus side shows and clowns that you'd like nothing better than to punch in the nose. It's all good...

You could hang out at the AMG owner's lounge, but what fun would that be. That place is dead.

Despite all the noise, you get a lot of positive feedback and genuine interest here.
LaserSVT (08-10-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NB8 PARACHUTE
`

So most of us here have taste, class and style and tend to be more respectful to others. But all forums have exceptions

Well said

Thank-You
D.B.

`
LaserSVT (08-10-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by Kraydane
Congratulations on your purchase1 I'm actually thinking of grabbing one as well especially as I have been offered a pretty sweet deal at DSRLeasing recently I'm getting really tempted on obtaining one.
Yes. Plunge in sir the water is warm.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
2015 gl450
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Yes. Plunge in sir the water is warm.
He's not buying. .lol

He's a spam account for that leasing company he mentions in ever post.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:02 PM

2012 AMG CL65
Well she is sold. Its kinda sad as I really love the car and to me its very special. The new owner will love and take care of it though. I am really gonna miss her though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Happy day! Got my CL65!