CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL63 Brake Dust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL63 Brake Dust

Hello All,

I am new to the AMG world and have been lusting after the CL63 for many years. I was finally able to pick up a low mileage very clean 2009 model. I am absolutely thrilled with this car. It is absolutely stunning. Any way, my question is about what people as seeing with brake dust. I can take a short, say 30 mile driving with both heavy and light traffic and upon arriving at my destination, the wheels are already showing sign of light brake dust. It also seems to cake up on one or two of the spokes on the wheels. Is this much brake dust normal? Pads and rotors are stock.

Any insight and if there are ways to control this somewhat would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Andy
Old 04-12-2017, 05:32 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
If everything is factory parts.

Solution:
Less braking = Less dust.

You aren't going to stop the brake dust on the OE brakes. I agree they do dust alot, but they also can slow these heavy pigs down time after time without warping the rotors since there compounds are not high in ceramic. You can get ceramic pads that = less dust. But there squeak prone, and I personally warp rotors with pads like that since the generate more heat but less dust.

​​​​​​