CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Caliper restoration help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
Caliper restoration help

Hi all! im in a pickle with these calipers. apparently MB does not sell the caliper covers that say AMG on them separate. as you can see by the photos, they look like dog excrement. i live on the ocean so i think the salt has expedited the erosion on the stock finish. it appears that my only option is to have the calipers completely redone. i dont want to change colors, but i do want the "AMG" to stay black which is difficult because to my knowledge, most of the stickers out there for sale are not meant for the w221/w216. The AMG on the calipers is slightly raised so it would have to be done manually. has anyone had a similar situation or does anyone know of a reputable outfit that can redo these? is the rust going to be an issue to finish over? i dont really like the idea of having to spend thousands on new calipers. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Caliper restoration help-1.jpg   Caliper restoration help-2.jpg   Caliper restoration help-3.jpg  
Old 10-05-2017, 03:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
I'd discuss your issue with a local powder coater-----wada he say?
Old 10-29-2017, 04:46 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Originally Posted by beauphus
Hi all! im in a pickle with these calipers. apparently MB does not sell the caliper covers that say AMG on them separate. as you can see by the photos, they look like dog excrement. i live on the ocean so i think the salt has expedited the erosion on the stock finish. it appears that my only option is to have the calipers completely redone. i dont want to change colors, but i do want the "AMG" to stay black which is difficult because to my knowledge, most of the stickers out there for sale are not meant for the w221/w216. The AMG on the calipers is slightly raised so it would have to be done manually. has anyone had a similar situation or does anyone know of a reputable outfit that can redo these? is the rust going to be an issue to finish over? i dont really like the idea of having to spend thousands on new calipers. Thanks!
If this is for a W221/216 then the part numbers are: Retaining Spring (AMG logo) 2214210091 Cover Plate: 2214211220
The following users liked this post:
lionsfan54 (03-13-2022)