CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

2008 CL63 -W216 Removing Headlight DYI / LED Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes CL 63 AMG
Lightbulb 2008 CL63 -W216 Removing Headlight DYI / LED Kit

Hello Guys, I need to replace bulbs on my 08 CL63, just bought LEDs light bulbs Kit from ebay not 100% sure whether it will fit but i was told the this ones would so i bought them and now friend of mine is gonna help me to change them but he says we need to remove headlights to change DLR, low and high beams and corner lights all of those, but he said we might have to remove bumper to do it so i hope one of you good guys can help me if you have any idea about it also i'm gonna put a link where i bought my LED light bulb kit and tell me if its not good or you might know whats the best way to accomplish one thing that i want really bad which is to have bright 6000k lights on my car both headlights and fog lights also parking/DLR, please take few minutes out of your day and help me I would greatly appreciate it, thank you in advance!

also sorry if i posted this in wrong place i looked everywhere couldn't find if anyone had posted about this matter.

ebay link LED KIT: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3pair-LED-H...laDnv4&vxp=mtr

Parking/DRL: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-25W-COB-...72.m2749.l2649

also this set of bulbs which claims It is used for Back Up, Brake, CHMSL, Cornering, Courtesy, Dome, Parking, Tail, Trunk or Cargo Area, Turn Signal.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DE7UC6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DE7UC6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-27-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes CL 63 AMG
whats wrong with this forum i posted twice and no replies from anyone wow, i guess people dont care really much about each other over here i was part of Lexus forum we were treating each other like family if anyone had any issues it would only take few minutes guys were instantly replying with all sorts of suggestions, I dont think I'm ever gonna post anything here anymore, i was hoping at least one decent person would reply with some advice but i guess i was wrong.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,003 Likes on 810 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
1. The forum members owe you nothing. What's up with your sense of entitlement?
2. Your post is poorly written...it is DIY, aka do it yourself. Maybe start in the header: "Need help removing front bumper." Then, you can go into some specifics into what you are doing. Keep it brief. Not many want to read more than they need to get the message across.
3. Are you a millennial? Your posts read as such.
4. Throwing a fit will further alienate you on the forum.
5. You purchased an old man's Mercedes so you may need to communicate as if you are speaking to an older audience.
6. If you don't like the forum, don't let the door hit you on the *** when you leave.
The following users liked this post:
PrecisionEngine (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 01:05 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
You clearly should stick with Lexus ricer forums. If you want the bulbs put in and don't know how time to open your wallet and pay a shop to do it. Baller on a budget doesn't work with a CL...lol... I don't understand why you complain.
The following users liked this post:
PrecisionEngine (11-28-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
I thought about replying then I realized I didn't really understand what your question was. Learning some punctuation and some basic sentence structure might help in getting some answers.

Also, keep in mind you are dealing with a different audience here, nothing alike the Lexus forums. If you were expecting the same kind of enterprising, "let me put 10$ LED bulbs on my car", "let me plastidip my badges" type of audience you bought into the wrong brand.