CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Comand system acting up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CL63, 2014 ML63, 2008 ML63, R500, GLK
Comand system acting up

Symptoms: music cuts out and back in every 10-15 min saying reactivating bluetooth., the knob works occasionally and wont accept changes to seats/music/etc unless i restart the car/system, CDs wont work at all except a second or two, navigation says needs update

Dealer charged me $300 to diagnose it... said its a bad hard drive. So I cloned the drive and installed a new SSD and still same issues occur. Removed bluetooth adapter, same thing occurs..
Old 04-03-2018, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by princemarko
Symptoms: music cuts out and back in every 10-15 min saying reactivating bluetooth., the knob works occasionally and wont accept changes to seats/music/etc unless i restart the car/system, CDs wont work at all except a second or two, navigation says needs update

Dealer charged me $300 to diagnose it... said its a bad hard drive. So I cloned the drive and installed a new SSD and still same issues occur. Removed bluetooth adapter, same thing occurs..
The navigation part sounds like a bad hard drive. The SSD you installed might not be working with the system. What did you use (brands/adapters etc.) to switch to SSD?

The rest of they symptoms are not related to hard drive issues. The unit works fine without a hard drive at all, except for the navigation part, which will say "activating nav" and eventually "insert disc to update nav".

Last edited by megacrazy; 04-03-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CL63, 2014 ML63, 2008 ML63, R500, GLK
It was the voice control module that solved all the issues except the navigation. That was the hard drive.

Originally Posted by megacrazy
The navigation part sounds like a bad hard drive. The SSD you installed might not be working with the system. What did you use (brands/adapters etc.) to switch to SSD?

The rest of they symptoms are not related to hard drive issues. The unit works fine without a hard drive at all, except for the navigation part, which will say "activating nav" and eventually "insert disc to update nav".