CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL65 Questions for the experts

Old 05-18-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
cl65
CL65 Questions for the experts

Hello again AMG experts,

I've had my CL65 for about a month now and have a few questions. For ABC hoses that are "weeping" where do you buy replacements? Do you have a local hydraulic shop remake them or order them from FPC Euro? Also, at the front of the car I've noticed 2 plastic vent diverters that are behind the grill and in front of the twin air intakes. It seems like they are blocking the air flow or at least directing away from the intake. It seems like without them it would make a ram air affect.

Also, I've noticed that when I open the doors the front window drops down and the back window moves back. I've never had this before and it seems like it is not as fast as it should be. I seem to constantly be pulling the door before they have finished their move.

Lastly, what does everyone use to increase the shine or clear coat on the rims? Anything specific to clean the metal engine cover?

Thanks again!!
Old 05-19-2018, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,000 Likes on 807 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
The new hoses, or so I'm told, have been updated to a higher quality hose. I personally think a hydraulic shop can get you an even higher quality hose at a cheaper price.

I don't think removing the diverters will have a huge effect. Search Racehorse intake and do your own intake. It will make a huge difference.

Completely normal for the window to drop down when opening the door. Speed? Post a video.

No idea on your last two questions.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:53 AM

cl65
Thanks. For the last 2 questions I was just wondering if there is any kind of polish to clean up the finish on the AMG wheels. I guess I should just have them re clear coated.

Also, for the engine covers, I just wiped them down with a damp cloth. Do you guys put anything on the carbon fiber or aluminum covers? Maybe a wax on the carbon fiber?

Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 265 Posts
2006 S600
If you're interested in getting your hands dirty, you can repair weeping ABC hoses by cutting the old section out and fitting a new hose with 10mm compression connectors. I've been doing this for five years with great success (and low cost).

See my signature thread.

Nick
Old 05-27-2018, 12:52 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by WikedV12
Hello again AMG experts,

Also, I've noticed that when I open the doors the front window drops down and the back window moves back. I've never had this before and it seems like it is not as fast as it should be. I seem to constantly be pulling the door before they have finished their move.

Thanks again!!
Check your battery. It sounds like you battery is operating at slightly less voltage than is needed.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:45 AM

cl65
Thanks MBZFAN55. The battery is only about a month old, but I will check it.

Welwynnick, I will look into that for the abc hose repair. Sounds a lot easier than trying to remove the entire section of hose.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:13 PM

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts
W215 CL65
The indexing windows do delay and that is normal. I know what you mean as this was something I was curious of as well. Unfortunately, it seems it is a design issue and really cannot be adjusted. The indexing feature is controlled via the door switch located inside of the sill. You can test this by pushing the plastic switch when the door is open-which will cause the window to index up and then release to index down. Unlike other systems, the door handle does not trigger the indexing but rather the switch which is activated once the door is pulled open. So basically, the system needs you to start pulling the door before it can activate.

Best,
Old 05-30-2018, 05:23 PM

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts
W215 CL65
Originally Posted by WikedV12
Hello again AMG experts,

I've had my CL65 for about a month now and have a few questions. For ABC hoses that are "weeping" where do you buy replacements? Do you have a local hydraulic shop remake them or order them from FPC Euro? Also, at the front of the car I've noticed 2 plastic vent diverters that are behind the grill and in front of the twin air intakes. It seems like they are blocking the air flow or at least directing away from the intake. It seems like without them it would make a ram air affect.

Lastly, what does everyone use to increase the shine or clear coat on the rims? Anything specific to clean the metal engine cover?

Thanks again!!

Sonax wheel cleaner (full effect or plus) is excellent and will make your life better when cleaning these wheels. For paint, even wheels, I have tried lots of waxes and fell in love with Pinnacle Signature Series II and Souveran wax. First, it doesn't dry white so you have less work to do when cleaning it up. It goes on easy and comes off easy and gives incredible shine to your paint. I have used it on these 65 wheels and looks great. The Souveran is for dark colors and Signature series for colors with flake like silver.

For the leather, leather masters is very very good stuff and has no harmful chemicals. Important for the leather dash in the 65. Make sure to keep that thing shielded from the sun and hydrate it well.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:53 AM

cl65
Great. Thank you for the advice!!