CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Adjusting the hood??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 10:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
cl65
Adjusting the hood??

I've noticed that the front grill of my hood seems to have too much of a gap between the bottom lip of the hood and the front bumper. Everything else (fenders, lights etc) seems to be aligned just fine. I noticed to U shaped hood latches on the hood that latch to the front cross member when you shut the hood. Both U shaped latches appear (based on where the adjustment nut is) of adjustment. Before I start changing things I thought I would check with everyone here first. Also curious as to why the hood has suck a big gap. I can slide my hand between the bottom of the hood (under grill) and the top of the bumper.

Thanks again.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:00 AM

cl65
I've noticed that the front grill of my hood seems to have too much of a gap between the bottom lip of the hood and the front bumper. Everything else (fenders, lights etc) seems to be aligned just fine. I noticed two U shaped hood latches on the hood that latch to the front cross member when you shut the hood. Both U shaped latches appear (based on where the adjustment nut is) to have about a half inch of adjustment. Before I start changing things I thought I would check with everyone here first. Also curious as to why the hood has suck a big gap. I can slide my hand between the bottom of the hood (under grill) and the top of the bumper.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:23 PM

cl65
I guess I must be the first person with a CL to adjust their hood??? I don't mind be the tester just thought I would ask before I start and mess something up.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:43 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
Yes, I'm sure you'll be the first person on the planet to adjust a hood on a cl. So congrats. The reason your not getting alot of responses would likely be because most of the owners here don't have a car that was hit in the front end or had its hood replaced as to where a body shop didn't repair or set it correctly. They don't come out of alignment on there own and didn't get sold that way. So you have to fix the adjustment, I'm not sure why you even ask such a question on how to do it. If your that concerned pay a body shop.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:01 AM

cl65
Thank you for your completely worthless response. It's internet TROLLS like you that ruin most forums. However, having a TROLL like you try and slam me for asking a question will not deter me. Are you slamming me because you actually can't fix a car yourself or because you dislike people who can? Either way, I actually adjusted my hood today and it looks perfect. Nothing like the smashed up car you seem to think I have.

Well, thanks again for being completely unhelpful.

I'm just thankful that the rest of the forum members I've encountered during my time here have been super helpful.