CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Anyone else's W216's radio stop working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 G55 AMG, 08 CL65 RennTech
Anyone else's W216's radio stop working?

Has been happening to my 2008 CL65 for the last 2 months. The command unit operates as normal, navigation works, etc. But the radio intermittently does not work, all the preset stations are on blank when I start the car. But when 1 out of 10 times the radio does come on when I start the car or starts after some driving. Supposedly it's a unit in the car that costs thousands to fix but just wondering if this was a common known issue.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63 AMG
Originally Posted by romebe
Has been happening to my 2008 CL65 for the last 2 months. The command unit operates as normal, navigation works, etc. But the radio intermittently does not work, all the preset stations are on blank when I start the car. But when 1 out of 10 times the radio does come on when I start the car or starts after some driving. Supposedly it's a unit in the car that costs thousands to fix but just wondering if this was a common known issue.
Mine went out about 2 years ago, it turned out to be the amplifier in the trunk. Recently I had water come into the passenger footwell because of some drain that was blocked near the windshield, now my radio is out again... So finicky