MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216-50/)
-   -   Bought a CL55, throttle body questions (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216/735609-bought-cl55-throttle-body-questions.html)

Agent-A01 02-11-2019 02:34 PM

Bought a CL55, throttle body questions

I bought a 139k mile 03 in great condition(visually)

So basically I saw how cheap it was and thought to myself I couldn't pass it up,
4K is cheap. Once fixed KBB is worth about 5K more.

The car needs a throttle body. Dealer did not want to mess with it.
The other issue it has is no sound, fiber optic break.
That's no big deal, I have star for that.

So the plan is to order a throttle body today and drive to get it; replace the TB and drive it home.
It's about a 4 hour drive so I need to have everything lined up.

My questions are:

1. Is this part number correct for the TB? 2751410086
2. Won't i need gaskets of some sort? What are the P/Ns on those?
3. Is there any alternative TB P/N. The ones i see are all around 170-200 USD
4. I assume TB is relatively easy. Probably need to remove SC to get to it then it's straight forward after that.

Any insight would be appreciated

Edit: Ebay seller said there were 2 TBs and I should know which one I need.
I wasn't aware there were 2?

He said The second one is right after the supercharger and before the intercooler.

ctravis595 02-25-2019 06:05 PM

I’ve never worked on an m113k but you’ll almost certainly need to pull the supercharger

if it was me i I wouldn’t rush this job, in order to get the throttle body on to get home, take another car and take your time disconnecting all that stuff to do it right, too many plastic clips/fragile wiring on these cars to rush them

Exotic-metal55 02-27-2019 04:03 PM

I do not recall the part number but most the m113K TB`s will work. You do not need to remove the SC to change TB out. Just, air box , 4 star headed bolts and couple hoses. The gaskets hardly ever break and you can use silicone gasket if you do not have a gasket. I have changed many of these and removed my engine several times from my 03 CL55.

Agent-A01 02-27-2019 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55 (Post 7692513)
I do not recall the part number but most the m113K TB`s will work. You do not need to remove the SC to change TB out. Just, air box , 4 star headed bolts and couple hoses. The gaskets hardly ever break and you can use silicone gasket if you do not have a gasket. I have changed many of these and removed my engine several times from my 03 CL55.

Since I’ve gotten quite a few replies here I’ll give an update

I bought the car and drove it home, carefully. About 4 hours.

The dealer had put in the incorrect TB and the car would stall after being started. I installed the correct TB from a forum member here. The car was still hesitant but did not stall. Upon giving the car half throttle or so it would go limp mode instantly.

I had to ease into throttle to get it home. Cruised at 75mph and it was ok. It would have slight hiccups, bad throttle body symptoms.

Anyways got the car home and scanned with Star.
Got current and stored codes of deflection of throttle body, stored short circuit etc.

the throttle body cable cable coming from the engine harness has a lot of slack, I assume dealer pulled it all up.

As as for the codes, my guess is the main engine harness connector/ harness is faulty. I’ve played with the harness and the car will act very stuttery. Sprayed connector with electrical contact cleaner. The car idled fine after that.

Gonna try a new cable harness and see if I can solder a new one on the engine harness.

The car also has interior can fault short.

The abc, esp and the esm modules will not communicate.
Working in figuring that out now.