CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

!HELP please regarding my 2008 Cl63 don't know what happen !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 55 amg
!HELP please regarding my 2008 Cl63 don't know what happen !

I hope maybe some one can possibly explain what happen or possibly happened, So I entererd the freeway with my 2008 CL63 has about 105k and went at full acceleration entering the freeway then suddenly engine light came on solid then it started blinking and i felt a loss of power like im on 4 cylnders, I then managed to exit the freeway and my car completly turned off then I had to move the car to safe location i then started the engine again it wouldnt hold idle and felt it misfing in all cylinders the only way to even move the car or run it, I had to press the gas pedal all the way down giving it more fuel in order to move it actually did move for about 100 feet and then died again as i was waiting on the tow truck my wife came and brought my my scanner and this is just generic one I use the torq app to see what codes i get and the only codes i got were missfire in cylinder 2 4 6 7 8 practically all cylinders and after waiting 30 minutes I tried and started the car again and held idle for about 10 seconds I never heard any knocking or metal to metal as it could be my worst fear. just misfiring like no fuel getting in the cylinders as it started to died it started blinking engine light again and did notice black smoke as soon as i turned it on from the tail pipe a bit but not to much. checked the OIl to see if any coolant mixed afraid if its a head bolt issue but nothing and no white smoke either and also tried to see any mettal shaving too but it was hard to tell felt and looked normal the oil that is, scanned again the computer and only got random missfire and now says all cylinders are misfiring. also i coud'nt find a service manual to see if its a fuel relay or fuse that could of caused it

The next day my buddy came and tryied to use his computer but for some reason didnt work he manage to test the fuel pressure and said it wasnt holding pressure at all I did change the filter and fuel pump thinking maybe its that, Im not to familiar with m156 motor as i had a cls55 amg befor now my front battery is dead and also the trunk big battery and now My hood wont close when i try to jump the car what sucks is i just bought the car barly and this happens, hope some one can shed light to me what could be the case i really dont want to take to dealership fearing the outcome and paying an arm and leg, maybe theres a couple things i can try that possibly figure out whats wrong I appreciate everones response to what happen to me thanks Im Just scared my engine is gone as these engines go for over 10k used and over 25k to 30k used which is more then the car very sad situation
Old 03-11-2019, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Could be bad fuel pump but could be a lot of things. Take it to a shop for diagnosis.

Last edited by BlownV8; 03-11-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:10 PM

cls 55 amg
thank you thats what i thought i did change the bump and nothing not sure if i need to reset something i just wanted to see what else i can do that possibly did this thanks for the reply and help
Old 03-11-2019, 05:11 PM

cls 55 amg
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Could be bad fuel pump but could be a lot of things. Take it to a shop for diagnosis.
again thanks for helping what could it be
Old 03-11-2019, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 135 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Originally Posted by jgcls
again thanks for helping what could it be
i would say get a proper mb scanner. Like mb carsoftii or a xentry unit off eBay.

it will help narrow it down