CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL63 - Installation Issues with 10.25 Android Screen (CKM/Carlife-Mall)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63
Lightbulb CL63 - Installation Issues with 10.25 Android Screen (CKM/Carlife-Mall)

Hello, Fellow Members

Have anyone had issues installing the 10.25 Android Screen by Carlife-Mall purchased through CKM Vendor (Updated Version). A good a friend of mine and established audio car installer has been helping me install the System locally. However, we keep running into issues. We've watched every video but no luck.

Model: 2008
CL63
AV Connector (No OEM TV or AMI)

AV Connector in Glovebox, had to open passenger side fuse to connect T Harness but Aux end no where to connect

Current Issue

We have the T harness (#1 in picture below).

We have connector #1 which is the T-Harness. However, The power cable #2 circled seems to be a male end and not a female end to connect #1

Step 1: We take oem male out plug to the female plug.
Step 2: plug your male plug connect to oem port where connected to the oem male

Now that leaves #1 as circled in picture above. Where does it go.

I did reach out to Tech Support (ROCK), waiting on a response but thought I would see if Fellow members tried installing as well. If anyone has had success let me know. Thought it would be a great fun project, starting to be a waste of time.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 CL63 AMG (CL55 AMG Kompressor previous vehicle)
Aux

I know Its been a while but I bought and adapter cord from guitar center...way better setup than if it was a regular aux jack
Old 02-02-2021, 12:37 PM

CL63
Thanks for the input, we ended up getting it working, the touch screen brought the vehicle up to date instantly.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:29 PM

Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe 2017
Originally Posted by IGSN
Thanks for the input, we ended up getting it working, the touch screen brought the vehicle up to date instantly.
Is it still working. I'm wondering if it is safe to use on a glc coupe 2017 with a lot of extra equipment.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:39 PM

CL63
@GLCCOUPE17 Yes, it's still working properly no issues. You would have to check requirements for that particular product.

​​​​​​
Old 06-10-2022, 01:50 PM

Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe 2017
Originally Posted by IGSN
@GLCCOUPE17 Yes, it's still working properly no issues. You would have to check requirements for that particular product.

​​​​​​
I'm looking in to buying the new screen from car life mall. It looks just like the mbux system and looks a great upgrade. I've read mixed reviews though about the Android systems being laggy or freezing up a few times or just giving out bad audio or not switching between original interface seemlessly. Nothing of the sorts for any here?
Old 06-12-2022, 10:14 AM

CL63
Originally Posted by GLCCOUPE17
I'm looking in to buying the new screen from car life mall. It looks just like the mbux system and looks a great upgrade. I've read mixed reviews though about the Android systems being laggy or freezing up a few times or just giving out bad audio or not switching between original interface seemlessly. Nothing of the sorts for any here?
@GLCCOUPE17 I had one lag after install but it was due to me not updating some apps I had installed. Other than that no issues. Speak with Rock at carlife insure you get the most updated version of whatever product for your vehicle.