CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

Lag?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S3
Lag?

I've had my 2021 CLA 45 for exactly a month now and just broke the break-in period. Coming from a 2017 S3, I feel like there is a lag with both the acceleration and braking with the CLA and it's not as responsive as the S3 (even though the CLA is supposed to be faster). I would floor it and then need to wait a few seconds before the car responds. I also feel like it takes longer to brake to a complete stop with the CLA compared to the S3. I must say I'm a bit disappointed.. I had higher expectations for an AMG. Is everyone having the same issues? Do I just need to wait a little longer since I just hit 1000 miles?

Last edited by hellohello; 01-31-2021 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CLA45
Originally Posted by hellohello
I've had my 2021 CLA 45 for exactly a month now and just broke the break-in period. Coming from a 2017 S3, I feel like there is a lag with both the acceleration and braking with the CLA and it's not as responsive as the S3 (even though the CLA is supposed to be faster). I would floor it and then need to wait a few seconds before the car responds. I also feel like it takes longer to brake to a complete stop with the CLA compared to the S3. I must say I'm a bit disappointed.. I had higher expectations for an AMG. Is everyone having the same issues? Do I just need to wait a little longer since I just hit 1000 miles?
That's interesting. I had a 2018 RS3 which is far faster than the S3 and I would say my CLA45 is as fast as my RS3. Perhaps you should have your dealer look at it.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:10 PM

C43 AMG COUPE
Exact same issue here, has been an issue from day 1 - if you turn off traction control - you will notice a slight improvement - but overall the acceleration off the line is definitely more sluggish then i was expecting. What's your IG i'll add you.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 AMG GTC, 2021 Macan GTS, 2021 Golf GTI
what happens when a car has a massive turbo! I recommend driving in manual 100% of the time and in sport plus.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2021 AMG CLA 45 (Sold 14 CLA 45 AMG, 05 C55 AMG)
I went from a 2014 AMG CLA45 to a 2021 AMG CLA45, I'm still under 1000 miles but I can already feel the new car is so much faster and responsive. The lag or delay you are describing reminds me of my 2014, the new car jumps off the line with just normal acceleration. I'm very happy with it so far.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:59 AM

2021 CLA45
Similar issues

I had a similar problem when I first got the car. I currently have 30k miles on mine. I brought it into the dealership and found out that there was an issue with the turbo which had to be replaced. Afterwards it was perfect I also did upgrade to a better set of pads and rotors which fixed the breaking issue on the track. Also, after a stage 1 tune from Euro charged, there's a significant difference in performance and responsiveness.