CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

Eventuri Intake and Renntech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 05:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2022 CLA 45 AMG
Eventuri Intake and Renntech

I've been busy so I haven't gotten around to posting anything about the Eventuri intake. It has been on the car for about a week. Installation for the intake was a breeze. Directions were excellent. There is definitely more sound coming from the hood and seems to pull harder up top. Feels a bit snappy, but the drag strip will tell the whole story. Looks almost factory in the there! My wife asked if I did something to it As for the software, just put it on yesterday and drove to my dad's with the wife and kids. Didn't try it out to much. More to come on it later as I drive the car around with less occupants This is my second Eventuri intake for a car of mine. The pictures below will show you what the finished product looks like in the engine bay. 100% awesomeness. Next up, I plan on driving it for another week or two and see how the software does then I'll dyno it. After that, I'll do another drag racing trip. Weather is going to be really hot and humid here, so times and hp will suffer. If you haven't seen my drag strip trip a little bit ago it is on the forums. A bystander even took a video of my car and sent me it for your viewing pleasure. Below are the pictures of the Eventuri intake and a few videos of the cold start with the intake installed and some free revving, and interior sounds for you.

Intake claims: 15-18hp, 12-16ft-lb
Renntech claims: 65 HP and 30 ft-lb

Eventuri Intake

Between the battery and ECU cover is the connector for the Renntech piggyback. Currently it has the factory map connected.

Cold Start Video:
Free Revving:
From Inside:

Last edited by Vaders CLA45; 06-20-2022 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:30 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Looking forward to your testing results! Even if it doesn't make power increases... if it makes the car more enjoyable to drive it's still a win in my mind. Plus the intake looks cool.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2023 AMG GT 53
Where did you buy it? And do you think it’s worth the difference over the Armaspeed? It’s quite a price difference but damn the Eventuri one looks good.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:06 AM

2022 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by crester
Looking forward to your testing results! Even if it doesn't make power increases... if it makes the car more enjoyable to drive it's still a win in my mind. Plus the intake looks cool.
Looking for a dyno this week. They seem to be "busy." Given the engineering behind Eventuri, I would be completely disappointed if it doesn't produce similar results as Eventuri claims. Their design and engineering behind their products is the pinnacle.

Originally Posted by Sockinatoaster
Where did you buy it? And do you think it’s worth the difference over the Armaspeed? It’s quite a price difference but damn the Eventuri one looks good.
Eventuri - website - https://www.eventuri.net/
Development for the intake - https://www.eventuri.net/products/me...18-cla45/#tab5
Old 06-27-2022, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 CLA45
how’s the renntech module? Did you feel any difference in person? Do you think it worth the price?
Old 06-27-2022, 07:04 PM

Merc
Originally Posted by jacky_li
how’s the renntech module? Did you feel any difference in person? Do you think it worth the price?
I was looking at the Renntech model and am wondering if it's not just a reskin of the RaceChip device? Unlike Renntech's other products which are OBD flashes... this is a piggyback module like Race Chip... it connects to the car like Race Chip... promises the same gains as Race Chip and the size is similar. I'm really thinking they just took the RaceChip internals and shoved it in a fancier box. lol

https://www.renntechmercedes.com/ind.../rpm-45-detail

https://www.racechip.com/shop/merced...5kw-480nm.html
Old 06-28-2022, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 CLA45
Originally Posted by crester
I was looking at the Renntech model and am wondering if it's not just a reskin of the RaceChip device? Unlike Renntech's other products which are OBD flashes... this is a piggyback module like Race Chip... it connects to the car like Race Chip... promises the same gains as Race Chip and the size is similar. I'm really thinking they just took the RaceChip internals and shoved it in a fancier box. lol

https://www.renntechmercedes.com/ind.../rpm-45-detail

https://www.racechip.com/shop/merced...5kw-480nm.html
racechip sucks. I used one before on my Audi S4. The car malfunctioning very often when you driving. You need to start the car again to get it fix. Renntech is good but the price too expensive. I don’t know if it’s worthy.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:03 PM

Merc
Originally Posted by jacky_li
racechip sucks. I used one before on my Audi S4. The car malfunctioning very often when you driving. You need to start the car again to get it fix. Renntech is good but the price too expensive. I don’t know if it’s worthy.
I've used a RaceChip before and it was fine. It doesn't give as big of a gain as a a custom tune but it does work. I liked how you can easily uninstall if you want to be stock... and easily plug things back in after.

I guess the point I was making is.... for the CLA the Renntech solution looks like a rebadged RaceChip.
Old 06-29-2022, 03:12 PM

2022 CLA 45 AMG
Having Renntech box on the car, is there a difference? Absolutely! Definitely pulls much harder up top and feels as if the timing is more aggressive earlier in the RPM's until the turbo has spooled up. To be fair, it isn't a daily for me. So it is only driven 2-3 times a week at the most. I have been on the same tank of gas now going on 3 weeks if that puts a perspective on it.

The best ways to see how much of a difference something makes is at the drag strip and/or the dyno. I have not yet found anyone to be able to dyno the car yet. Ultimately the timing lights at the drag strip don't lie, it will tell me how much more power the car is making by comparing my MPH at the 1/4 despite it being even hotter and more humid than the last time it ran.

As for Renntech vs. others. I am sure others exist. In fact, I reached out to others, but I did not hear back from any of them. I liked the fact that I can swap the end piece out into the harness to put the car back to stock. I keep the end piece in the glove box in case I want to change it out. As for tunes, it might be similar to the Racechip you speak of, I have no knowledge about it or ever driven a 45 with one. The Renntech software feels as if it factory. Stills smooth. I cannot feel any change in drivability. Could they be similar? Yes. On another platform of one of the cars I own, there are two major companies that offer tunes. Both produce similar results, but they do drive differently and have similar performance gains. They are different, just each companies tuner's went about adding additional power differently. That being said, does the racehip just piggyback off of the stock ECU? I didn't look it up, just figured I would ask the question so those interested could see the similarities or differences.

Last edited by Vaders CLA45; 06-29-2022 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:40 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
How are you enjoying the intake long term? I've ended up taking aftermarkets intakes of my Subarus 'cause the psssssht sound got annoying after a while. But I'm really thinking of getting myself an Eventuri for Christmas.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:31 PM

2022 CLA 45 AMG
How are you enjoying the intake long term? I've ended up taking aftermarkets intakes of my Subarus 'cause the psssssht sound got annoying after a while. But I'm really thinking of getting myself an Eventuri for Christmas.
I have had Eventuri on other cars. The research, design, and quality make this the best aftermarket intake company in my opinion. Always solid results. Price of admission is high, but it is by far the best intake on the market for almost all platforms. The sound is great to me and you only hear the blow off noises on full throttle lifts. My wife didn't notice it and she claims she notices everything. Worth the money!
Old 01-08-2023, 09:33 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Anyone thinking of picking up the intake, just ordered one from MBGram, no tax, free shipping and 10% off with the code "RACING" https://mbenzgram.com/products/event...RoCZJkQAvD_BwE
Old 03-03-2023, 08:33 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Anyone thinking of picking up the intake, just ordered one from MBGram, no tax, free shipping and 10% off with the code "RACING" https://mbenzgram.com/products/event...RoCZJkQAvD_BwE
Disregard. After almost two months of being told it’s “coming in this week and then we’ll send you a tracking number,” I canceled the order. I get that they’re probably not just sitting on the shelf and have to special ordered in, but just tell the customer that.