CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

press release - price and specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
i'd just be looking for the exterior carbon package, 19s and the seats. if it's possible to get without navi i'd be even happier.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Retina
Thanks for your intelligent response Eric. I guess $2800 isn't much for you.
I never said that but I would rather do it right or not do it at all. Optioned out we're taking about a $60k car. I'd better understand pulling the trim and painting it body color or something...but a big ole sticker that looks like Cf? It's trying too hard to be something it's not. I don't have a problem with home brewed mods done right. I've seen some pretty nice mesh grilles that resulted from a little ingenuity and a trip to Home Depot. But, hey, Pep Boys sells lots of Buick portholes and "air ducts" so there's clearly a market out there.

-Eric
Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Can't wait to see this dropped on some nice Concave.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM

2010' C250 W204
No DRL option on the CLA 45?

(well I personally like DRLs on the C63/C Class, just my opinion)
Old 04-15-2013, 01:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Sue Esponte
I never said that but I would rather do it right or not do it at all. Optioned out we're taking about a $60k car. I'd better understand pulling the trim and painting it body color or something...but a big ole sticker that looks like Cf? It's trying too hard to be something it's not. I don't have a problem with home brewed mods done right. I've seen some pretty nice mesh grilles that resulted from a little ingenuity and a trip to Home Depot. But, hey, Pep Boys sells lots of Buick portholes and "air ducts" so there's clearly a market out there.

-Eric
i bet you never used 3M's carbon fiber

Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Originally Posted by Retina
Thanks for your intelligent response Eric. I guess $2800 isn't much for you.
Actually, 2850 is a lot, but if a whole lot of stuff is CF'd including some exterior bits - mirrors, spoiler, etc.. and the interior then it might even make sense.

Although, I agree, Eric went off on a tangent.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by dblock110
i bet you never used 3M's carbon fiber
You're right. That's actually pretty decent looking stuff! I'm going to venture a guess that it's also a bit more expensive than your typical wrap. Unless its just the image, it actually looks like it has texture to it. If all CF wraps looked like that in person I'd take back my criticism entirely. Maybe my initial reaction was too strong. I've just seen some bad stuff out there on nice cars.

As for the price, if it was just internal trim only the price would be obscene. FWIW, it's expensive as a trim item even with the external bits but being CF, not outrageously so...just my opinion.

-Eric
Old 04-15-2013, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
CF trim option is CF trim... that's it. The things you are referring to Eric are optional packages, like Night Styling package. The CF trim for $2850, is the dash area and door sill area, that's it.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
CF trim option is CF trim... that's it. The things you are referring to Eric are optional packages, like Night Styling package. The CF trim for $2850, is the dash area and door sill area, that's it.
That's not what I was told by my dealer when we priced the car...but I'm not going to the bank on anything since, at this point, I've seen a lot of misinformation out there. Where are you getting your information? Are you a dealer?

-Eric

Last edited by Sue Esponte; 04-15-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
That's not what I was told by my dealer when we priced the car...but I'm not going to the bank on anything since, at this point, I've seen a lot of misinformation out there. Where are you getting your information? Are you a dealer?

-Eric
Basing that off every other AMG model line, where the same cost or more, and how they named it, applied to the interior areas where I said.

If you google the package I named, you will see some of the things that come with that package that may look dark/carbon, etc.. on the build sheet the 19" wheels and these other packages are not avail yet.. I would think no one knows 100% yet but if you follow the past in the C, E, SLK, etc the cost is for the trim.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C32 AMG
from the PR it looks like there are two carbon fiber packages:

AMG Exterior Carbon-Fiber package: front splitter, side sill panel inserts and trim on rear fascia in genuine carbon fiber

AND

AMG carbon-fiber interior trim

----------

there is also a the Night styling exterior package.

Last edited by dblock110; 04-16-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Red face

-Eric
You can't trust dealers. The one in my area didn't know anything about the CLA 45, let alone how much it was gonna cost. Don't listen to what everything they say. They'll tell you anything to make you happy.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
You can't trust dealers. The one in my area didn't know anything about the CLA 45, let alone how much it was gonna cost. Don't listen to what everything they say. They'll tell you anything to make you happy.
That's the main reason I haven't pre-ordered one. I'm not even sure what I'd be getting!

Thanks for the advice guys.

-Eric
Old 04-16-2013, 06:11 PM

C250,GLK350
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Yep, us salespeople are just terrible... The real story is that there is no order guide for the AMG, ordering is not official on the AMG yet because it goes back to my first point, there is no official order guide. Info is coming slowly from M-B and will continue to be at a trickle until they finalize the build details and option pricing. Unfortunately when it comes to anything in sales there will be those who try to do whatever it takes to make you happy, even if it means telling you something short of the whole truth. Every time I speak with our rep, it just seems to be minimal info and will probably be the case until the order guide for the AMG is finalized. I try to provide what I know, but I know enough to say "I don't know" if I can't answer the question....I wish others would follow suit in this profession.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by DCubed
I try to provide what I know, but I know enough to say "I don't know" if I can't answer the question....I wish others would follow suit in this profession.
Sales is no different than any other profession. There are good and bad salespeople out there. Unfortunately, buying a car can sometimes be like a bad trip to the dentist. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I, too, wish there were more dealers/salespeople in your profession who subscribed to your motto.

Are you able to post the official order guide details for the US once they're available? Do you have any details about the options/packages that you can share? Do you know whether the multispokes are an option, for example, and if they will also be available in silver? I was told that they are not going to be the standard CLA45 wheel.

-Eric
Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 PM

C250,GLK350
Sales is no different than any other profession. There are good and bad salespeople out there. Unfortunately, buying a car can sometimes be like a bad trip to the dentist. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I, too, wish there were more dealers/salespeople in your profession who subscribed to your motto.

Are you able to post the official order guide details for the US once they're available? Do you have any details about the options/packages that you can share? Do you know whether the multispokes are an option, for example, and if they will also be available in silver? I was told that they are not going to be the standard CLA45 wheel.

-Eric
Wheel options are not loaded into the operational system at this time, looks like the typical P1/Multimedia/Driver Assistance packages are going to be available but I would not be surprised to see that P1 moves over to the "standard equipment" area of things once the dust settles. With the CLA being marketed to a younger base that likes customization of their cars I would assume a few different styles of wheels will be available (there are three or four available for the refreshed W212 E63 for 2014). Once the order guide posts I will pass along what I can without breaking the "confidential" notice at the bottom that will more than likely be there (if its not I will be more than happy to e mail the PDF to someone who can properly post it here). I can probably post it with nobody saying anything at MBUSA as it will likely become public knowledge about 20 seconds after they finalize it but I like my job and would like to stay in my employers good graces.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Great. I wouldn't ask you to break any confidentiality obligations to MBUSA or your employer. Just share what you can...without getting in trouble.

-Eric