CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

BACKORDER Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 CLA 45
BACKORDER Info

Supply Chain Management seems to be a foreign word now-a-days to German efficiency as well.

I had an EDP pickup scheduled for late June with all paperwork finalized and accepted by MB USA EDP. Today my sales person informs me that all 19" wheels, black as well as silver, are on backorder until the end of the year. We checked twice with MB USA EDP that my build would not run into any bottlenecks and here I am with this exact issue, unbelievable.

Figured some of you might want to know and follow up with your sales person, if your build or EDP pickup is similar to mine.

As much as I love the 45, I absolutely do want the 19's, but without the hefty OEM accessory price of maybe $4,000 or whatever it will run. Any suggestions?
MB USA is of little help, of course!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by kickR
Supply Chain Management seems to be a foreign word now-a-days to German efficiency as well.

I had an EDP pickup scheduled for late June with all paperwork finalized and accepted by MB USA EDP. Today my sales person informs me that all 19" wheels, black as well as silver, are on backorder until the end of the year. We checked twice with MB USA EDP that my build would not run into any bottlenecks and here I am with this exact issue, unbelievable.

Figured some of you might want to know and follow up with your sales person, if your build or EDP pickup is similar to mine.

As much as I love the 45, I absolutely do want the 19's, but without the hefty OEM accessory price of maybe $4,000 or whatever it will run. Any suggestions?
MB USA is of little help, of course!
Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully that was a conservative estimate and they'll have 19's sooner than that.

I was told my car would be built in the last week of March. It ended up getting built a couple weeks ago and now it's waiting for me to pick it up in Germany.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:52 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG; 2012 GLK 350 4MATIC (totaled); 2009 VW GTI (sold)
Wow, sounds like a bit of a gong show! Guess my 5 month wait time to get mine back in November was not that bad after all! And it had all the upgrades too! Sounds like those upgrades are creating delays now!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:23 PM

'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by jonnyrt
Wow, sounds like a bit of a gong show! Guess my 5 month wait time to get mine back in November was not that bad after all! And it had all the upgrades too! Sounds like those upgrades are creating delays now!
I do not have a problem with delays, just inform the dealership and me before you let me sign the contract and book my airfare. I'd be fine with the 18" for a while, if MB would offer the OEM 19" once available and not at a $4,000 price tag.

Will let you know how things turn out, as I want to stay away from aftermarket.