Let me lighten the load!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 AMG
Let me lighten the load!

Hi all just a quick post to let you into some of our upcoming products. All of our products are fully road and race tested.. to give you some idea our A45 is a year old and has 31k Miles on the clock and we have more than one 45 AMG in testing at any one time !

From finding the limit in testing and buying new engines!

To strengthened Turbos

We strive to build the best products at reasonable prices

These are still in development so all details will be released in due course

1. Lightweight Forged Wheels (18 x 8.5 and 19.8.5)

With these we have machined them exactly for the 45AMG platform taking into consideration ET's, max weight saving and maximum strength.

here is a teaser.

2. Silicon Carbide Ceramic Rotor Upgrade

These are direct bolt replacement Rotors with matching Pads for the Stock Calipers, Will give a massive increase in Disc and Pad life with no brake dust !!

Changing Rotors will save 30KGs (66lbs) of Unsprung Mass
Adding our light weight Calipers makes a total saving of 45KGs (100lbs!!) of Unsprung Mass.

Our calipers here with our lightweight Steel Rotors. Better braking with direct pad cooling ducts .. Carbon of course !

3. Additional Charge Cooler Radiators

These are direct bolt, add more coolant to the system and help maintain intake temperatures

4. Light Weight Switching Exhaust System

Will post up a few more projects once we are close to release

Cheers from us at TeamRebellion

Any questions just shout !!
Old 01-06-2015, 05:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes C200 CGI, CLS350, CLA45 AMG, AMG GTS(ordered)
Hi Matt,

Do you also have the rear carbon ceramic rotors to make a complete set.

And price for the set?

Cheers.

Victor
Old 01-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the results and prices.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 WRX
Originally Posted by ddtung
Hi Matt,

Do you also have the rear carbon ceramic rotors to make a complete set.

And price for the set?

Cheers.

Victor

Also interested in this as well Matt. VERY impressive weight savings. How is the performance of these rotors compared to stock?

That exhaust you have pictured, assuming this will be sold as the picture entails with no midpipe or downpipe included? I have been waiting anxiously for someone to sell an exhaust like this that doesn't require you to buy the entire 'turboback exhaust'. This appears to be simply a 'muffler' swap as such, am I correct?

If this is priced reasonably, you can sign me up will be looking forward to the sound clips!!

EDIT: Matt, can you also confirm if that exhaust will retain the OEM 'quad' tips as well? Just noticing how the exits on your exhaust seem to be flared outwards, so I am wondering if they still fit fine with the OEM tips.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
Hi Guys,

Will post up prices for the Ceramic Rotors later today, yes full front and rear.

Yes the exhaust is modular so you can leave the stock downpipe and mid pipe in place and just have the rear section. We have designed it to be fully bolt in bolt out with oem fixings. That means you can always upgrade later on if you wanted to our Sports Cat Downpipe etc.

Yes the tips will fit into the stock tips in the bumper so no need to change anything

Cheers,
Old 01-07-2015, 06:45 AM

While the front rotors will save around 15kgs over the OEMs, the rear OEMs are only half the weight of the fronts. So actually weight savings will be around 22kgs instead of 30kgs. Still nice though.

From the pictures you will be using shorter brake pads with the OEM calipers. The stock pads are 71mm high. The sweep area will be less than OEM.

Nice looking muffler. Depending on the sound and the weight savings over stock, I may have to abandon my plans for a custom titanium catback.

Last edited by ddtung; 01-07-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
our pads are shorter but wider so better bite, more braking force and better for cooling.

Also front set-up would be 388mm or 360mm disk so more of the pad is further out on the disk giving better braking efficiency
Old 01-07-2015, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Matt@Rebellion
our pads are shorter but wider so better bite, more braking force and better for cooling.

Also front set-up would be 388mm or 360mm disk so more of the pad is further out on the disk giving better braking efficiency
So you will need a new mounting bracket for the front caliper. Does that mean we are restricted to 19 inch wheels or bigger?
Old 01-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
Yes Brackets, Brake lines, Calipers, Bolts, Pads and discs are all included in our kits

No our Ceramic or 360mm Upgrade system allow you to use 18inch rims
Old 01-07-2015, 09:43 AM

2011 WRX

Matt, the pictures appear as though the actual 'band' of your rotors is narrower than OEM but you mentioned your pads actually being wider than OEM? I'm not entirely sure what you mean, could you please explain? Compared to OEM, would the 360mm rotors still offer superior braking to that of the OEM rotors and pads?

Great news with the exhaust! When you mention 'switching' exhaust, am I right in assuming that it will operate like the OEM exhaust with the butterfly valve? Or does your exhaust incorporate an electronically remote controlled valve?

If it has the mechanically actuated valve, will the system behave similarly to the OEM exhaust such that it keeps the valve closed and quiet in C mode, but allows it to open sooner in M and S modes?

And obviously the most important question, when can we expect some sound clips!?!?

Thanks,

Justin
Old 01-07-2015, 10:45 AM

So your ceramic rotors are 350mm and use the OEM rotors and shorter but wider pads. While your kits use 360mm or 388mm non-ceramic rotors. Correct?
Old 01-07-2015, 11:10 AM

2011 WRX
Originally Posted by ddtung
So your ceramic rotors are 350mm and use the OEM rotors and shorter but wider pads. While your kits use 360mm or 388mm non-ceramic rotors. Correct?
OEM rotors are 350mm. I think both of Rebellions kits include ceramic rotors, and are offered in a 360 or 388mm size. Both kits use the OEM Calipers, but both kits use Rebellions shorter and wider brake pads.

Matt can chime to confirm if that's correct

EDIT:

Actually, it looks like you may be correct as it seems they offer both ceramic and steel rotors. Matt, can you chime in on the performance of both styles versus stock? And can the steel rotors (if they are the better performer) be used in conjunction with the OEM calipers?

Last edited by J_Maher_AMG; 01-07-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
Ceramic Rotors are 350mm and use OEM Sized Ceramic pads matched to the stock Caliper.

Our Braking system uses narrow rotors further our so the actual calliper grabs at the furtherest point, so more of the pad is in an effective grab area. These are 6 piston calipers too rather than 4.

Yes our 360mm kit will out perform the stock units like day and night !

EDIT

We can also add ceramic discs to our setup for the ultimate brake setup.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:22 AM

3-pointed star
Do you make the rotors in W215 size?
Old 01-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
Ceramic Rotors can be made for any car and will match to the stock rotors so no problem there.

Our style rotors will only work with our our Calipers as they are matched to the pad size to be effective. We supply fitting brackets for any car so no matter the car our kit will fit
Old 01-07-2015, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
Our brake kits can be supplied with 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 Piston Callipers

Rotors supplied up to 410mm
Old 01-07-2015, 12:27 PM

2011 WRX
Ceramic Rotors are 350mm and use OEM Sized Ceramic pads matched to the stock Caliper.

Our Braking system uses narrow rotors further our so the actual calliper grabs at the furtherest point, so more of the pad is in an effective grab area. These are 6 piston calipers too rather than 4.

Yes our 360mm kit will out perform the stock units like day and night !

EDIT

We can also add ceramic discs to our setup for the ultimate brake setup.
Hmm since your kits have to be used with your calipers, I guess the ceramics would be my only option. Am I right in assuming that the ceramic rotors and ceramic pads (to be used with OEM calipers) would be sacrificing braking performance for greater durability/longevity and less dust? Or do these rotors and pads by themselves in conjunction with the OEM calipers still increase braking performance?

Most importantly is the exhaust rhough!! Please see my earlier post Matt regarding my exhaust questions! I could also email you as well if it would be easier for you!?

Justin
Old 01-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
Our best matched Braking system comprises of the following..

Front - New 6 Piston Front Caliper, 360mm Lightweight 2 piece steel Discs with braided stainless brake lines
Rear - New 4 Piston Rear Caliper, 335mm Lightweight 2 Piece steel Discs with Braided stainless brake lines

This will give a 22kg (45lb) Weight Saving, Better Clamping force, better Braking feel, better braking distribution, Better disc and pad life.

The best bit about it is when you sell your car you can take the brakes with you and fit to your next car

Cost for this is

Front - £1849 GBP
Rear - £1769 GBP

This includes all brake lines, Bolts, Brackets, Calipers, Rotors and Pads. Its fully direct bolt so no modifications needed.

Right Exhaust !

As you all know we have a Downpipe and mid pipe solution already (including a sports cat version)

The rear section has been in testing for over half a year and we are almost ready to release.

It is remote switching with our machined Valves, no weld in rubbish .. just well engineered components.

Our system has 2 complete paths through the rear box so no matter loud or quiet you will get no performance loss. This allows you to drive in sport or Manual mode without having it in loud mode unlike the standard system.

The rear section matches up to the stock mid pipe so no need to replace the down pipe etc.

Here you can see the stock crushed pipes.

Here a video of it in Loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMr2...ature=youtu.be

Exhaust will retail for £1499 GBP ($2199)

Last edited by Team@Rebellion; 01-07-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
will post full details of ceramics soon !

Just want to do a full write up so you get all the details.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
here is the stock rotor vs the Lightweight Rotor

Old 01-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Hi Matt,

Just to clarify a few other things.

Your front rotors save 9kgs total over stock. Since the stock rears weigh only about half as much as the fronts you will save around 5kgs. So the calipers save 8kgs?

Is the soundclip with stock or decatted downpipe?

The stock exhaust weighs around 21.5 kgs from the midpipe back. Could you please check the weight of the corresponding sections from your exhaust.

Thanks.

This is getting very interesting.

Last edited by ddtung; 01-07-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E63 AMG
Yes correct calipers save 8KG

Sound is with Stock Downpipe

Will weigh the sections for you, there is a good weight saving there though

Do you want me to weigh the Down pipe weight saving too ?
Old 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM

Yes correct calipers save 8KG

Sound is with Stock Downpipe

Will weigh the sections for you, there is a good weight saving there though

Do you want me to weigh the Down pipe weight saving too ?
Yes if it is not too much more trouble.

Other colours offered for the calipers?
Old 01-07-2015, 08:15 PM

CLA45 AMG
Matt,

Is the $2199 for the full exhaust or just the rear section?

Also, how much are the lightweight rotors?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:05 PM

2011 WRX
Originally Posted by soolman32
Matt,

Is the $2199 for the full exhaust or just the rear section?
Interested in this as well; if it is for just the rear section I am afraid it will be out of my price range. That is near $2800 CAD before shipping or customs charges for a muffler which puts it out of my range, seeing as I just got engaged... The better half would kill me haha

If that price is for the full exhaust, a detailed price breakdown would be superb Matt!

By the way, sound clip was nice, but do you have any videos of the exhaust under load!? Or perhaps with someone revving the car who is a little more relaxed? Haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let me lighten the load!