CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Tune Questions and O2 Extension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 11:08 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2011 E550 Coupe, 1992 Corvette ZR-1, 1991 368ci ZR-1, 1990 ZR-1, 1987 Callaway TT, 05 SL600, CLA45
Tune Questions and O2 Extension

I just picked up a 2014 CLA45 AMG, I have an Alpha Intake on the way, a downpipe, and now searching for a tune. I assume that if I run an O2 Extension on the 2ndry O2 that should be enough to fool the ECU and not set a code? I live in Chicago so I need to be able to pass emissions and tuning out the sensors would make 2 system unavailable and I would not pass. The second question is really around tune, I have a Eurocharged tune on my SL600 and love it, but living in Chicago I really don't want to send the ECU back and forth if I need to take it in for service....would the VR or Rebellion piggyback deliver the same results?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:38 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by LGAFF
I just picked up a 2014 CLA45 AMG, I have an Alpha Intake on the way, a downpipe, and now searching for a tune. I assume that if I run an O2 Extension on the 2ndry O2 that should be enough to fool the ECU and not set a code? I live in Chicago so I need to be able to pass emissions and tuning out the sensors would make 2 system unavailable and I would not pass. The second question is really around tune, I have a Eurocharged tune on my SL600 and love it, but living in Chicago I really don't want to send the ECU back and forth if I need to take it in for service....would the VR or Rebellion piggyback deliver the same results?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
You could still use our tune, and request the rear o2 monitoring to not be adjusted because you're running a spacer, and then as long as the spacer does its job you can pass emissions

If you have the downpipe and intake on the car before going into service, might as well leave the tune on too! Ship the ecu back to us for reflashing only if they flash over our tune. Get in good connections with an advisor there (:
Old 01-02-2018, 10:22 PM
hs1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45 AMG
wonder if you guys expect to be able to tune these cars via OBD in the near future ?
not too keen on shipping ECU overseas