CLA 45 AMG Winter Wheel Setup - Wheel Vibrations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA 45 AMG
CLA 45 AMG Winter Wheel Setup - Wheel Vibrations

Hello all,

Looking for some help with my current winter wheel setup. I am getting vibrations at highway speeds (>60 mph). I am using my old 2010 Audi S4 wheels with winter tires on them. As far as I know, all the specs line up.

Audi wheel specs:
5x112
19x8.5 et 43
center bore: 66.5 or 66.6 (depending on which website you read)
So these wheels are sticking in 5mm and out 11mm compared to my stock Mercedes wheels (19x8 et 48).

Mercedes wheel specs:
5x112
19x8 et 48
center bore: 66.6

I didn't have an issue with these wheels while they were on my Audi. I have gotten them balanced on the Mercedes and still a shake. The place I took them to said I have a bent wheel. So I took the car to Mercedes and they told me I do not have a bent wheel and that all I need are wheel spacers.

To me, I don't think wheel spacers are going to fix the shake, why would they? I've never experienced this sort of shake depending on the offset of the wheels before. The only thing I could think of is the bore possibly being 0.1mm off depending on what website I read the specs from. I'm using the stock lug nuts as well as they are also the same size that I used with these wheels on my Audi.

Any help would be appreciated.

*Edit: After talking more to Mercedes, the tech only suggested trying wheel spacers because the wheels don't seem to want to sit flush. He recommended getting new wheels which would be ideal, just can't afford them right now.
Update: after questioning the wheel spacer suggestion they double checked and the tech suggested trying centering rings.

Last edited by rjbamg; 12-29-2017 at 05:04 PM.