Throwback Thursday with Project CLA45 - featuring a Fairy Design widebody kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Throwback Thursday with Project CLA45 - featuring a Fairy Design widebody kit

When we got the CLA45 in September 2014, we were pretty pumped on this new little sedan. It quickly became one of the sexiest CLA45’s out there with the full RevoZport kit and Niche wheels. The car sounded amazing with the Armytrix exhaust and hauled a$$ with the VRTuned flash. Overall, it was the perfect daily driver. In the summer of 2015 we had Matt Farah and his TheSmokingTire YouTube show review it with one of his one take videos. To say the least, he was impressed. Matt mentioned this was the perfect replacement or competitor to the Subaru STI and Mitsubishi EVO. Having always said that if the new STI was available in paddle shifter, I would buy it. So now after almost a year of owning the CLA45, I finally “get it”, as the owner of both those cars.

As days continued on, the enjoyment of this “Project Car” became flat lined and I wanted to get something bigger, faster, and easier to haul the family around. Something like our old Panamera Turbo or BMW M5 V10. Would the new C63 make sense with the massive 4.0L bi-turbo? The only thing I could do is put the CLA45 up for sale, and that I did. Previous to this decision I had gotten the full Fairy Design widebody kit sent to me and it sat in a box here at Vivid Racing. I thought, “maybe I will install this kit.” But its so much work and who knows of the outcome will be worth it. Days went by, then weeks, and finally months. If there was any interest in the car, it was low ballers and dreamers that wanted to pay wholesale for a car well modded and only had 5000 miles. So finally in February 2016, I said “F&%k It! Let make this ultimate fan boy machine!” To do the Fairy Design kit on the car, I had only one requirement, NO RUBBING. Since I use this car as a daily and want to haul the family around, I can’t be scraping tire over every bump. The sub requirement of this was I want it to look right. No self tapping screws, crappy paint, weird wheel setups, or costly investments....

Read the full story on the VR Blog
Old 07-06-2022, 07:51 PM

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
2023 G550, 2020 AMG GTR, 2014 S550, 2024 Denali 3500, 2023 Porsche GT3
if you must....
https://www.royalbodykits.com/collec...t-prior-design