2016 CLA45 AMG Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - Australia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA45 AMG
2016 CLA45 AMG Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - Australia

Hi All,
Just wondering (as I have seen a few threads here but none that really answer my situation) if the TPMS can be retrofitted to a 2016 CLA45 AMG?
Don't know how I missed having it installed on the car from factory, but I would like to have it on my car.
I have called Mercedes here in Aus, but they tell me it can't be done, if its not done from factory.
I would ideally like to integrate this into the car (factory or as close to a factory setup) if possible. I would prefer (again, if possible) to not have an aftermarket device type setup.
I have seen threads from people in other countries installing them into their cars, and then being able to check tyre pressure through their car's computer system.

Can this be done on an Australian CLA45 AMG? The car was built in Europe and shipped to Australia as mine needed to be ordered due to the long wait on the car.
Has anyone been able to do it? If so, how would I do it? What components would I need to buy and where from? Does it need to be taken to Mercedes for them to 'turn the feature on' through the onboard computer system?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks all!

Last edited by voodoo111; 07-17-2018 at 06:38 AM.