CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

CLA45 hesitate to move

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLA45
CLA45 hesitate to move

Hi guys, I’m driving a 14’ CLA45. Just gotten this car bout a year ago and recently I realise that the car got problem moving off from a complete stop, it’s like the car hesitates to move off but it only happens randomly. Xentry did not show any error. So far I have replaced the MAP sensor, boost sensor and the airflow sensor. PCV hoses has also been replaced... can anyone help??

this only happens around 1-2k rpm. And before this hesitation happens my rpm will hunt

Last edited by Botte_guy; 01-20-2019 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 CLA 45, 2013 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Botte_guy
Hi guys, I’m driving a 14’ CLA45. Just gotten this car bout a year ago and recently I realise that the car got problem moving off from a complete stop, it’s like the car hesitates to move off but it only happens randomly. Xentry did not show any error. So far I have replaced the MAP sensor, boost sensor and the airflow sensor. PCV hoses has also been replaced... can anyone help??

this only happens around 1-2k rpm. And before this hesitation happens my rpm will hunt
Well you might not want to hear this but the early 45s were known for transmission issues. The hesitation was usually fixed by a transmission replacement. Try changing the transmission oil as well as filter and have Mercedes test the valve body. If there are metal shavings in the oil and filter you may need a new tranny. Did you get extended warranty? If not, think about selling it before it gets worse and you can’t sell it anymore.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLA45
Originally Posted by Van Ha Nguyen

Well you might not want to hear this but the early 45s were known for transmission issues. The hesitation was usually fixed by a transmission replacement. Try changing the transmission oil as well as filter and have Mercedes test the valve body. If there are metal shavings in the oil and filter you may need a new tranny. Did you get extended warranty? If not, think about selling it before it gets worse and you can’t sell it anymore.
This only happen after I blown my turbo. And I have wash off all the metal shavings. Changed pcv and sensors but stilll didn’t solve the problem. Till I changed the ignition coil which I found out it was faulty due to the rust building up at the tip of coil. After that it all was all good for 5days and after that the problem came back again.. took the coil out and it was good no rust appear on the tip