CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

2015 CLA Illuminated Door Sill help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 M.B. CLK63 AMG, 08 Honda Accord EXL V6, 04 Honda Accord EXL V6, 03 Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition
2015 CLA Illuminated Door Sill help

The raised up plastic piece is the factory sill plate power connector.
Hey All.

I have a 2015 CLA45 AMG. I bought after market lighted door sill/scuff plates for it. I took apart the inner plastic door sill and because I have factory installed ambient lighting, the connection for the factory lighted sills is right there. My problem is, there is no power at that factory connector so the sills won't light.

Now, I took apart the door puddle light and touched the sill plate wires to the puddle light connector pins and the sill works!

I figured since there was no illuminated sills ordered from the factory, the connectors are there because of the ambient light option being installed, but it's probably missing a fuse in the fuse box that power the sill plates by themselves.

I have searched high and low online for exaxtly where the fuse location is for the factory lighted sill plates and can find nothing on it.

My questions is, anyone else done this install and had the same iissues or have any suggestions that may help?

Thanks in advance to all who respond. = )

Last edited by 63-AMG-63; 04-07-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 M.B. CLK63 AMG, 08 Honda Accord EXL V6, 04 Honda Accord EXL V6, 03 Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition
Update:

I just left the dealership and they told me that it would cost $145 to code the car's computer so that it knows the sills are there and then send the power to the connectors. Unbelievable.

They also said that they have no instructions on sills and couldn't install them cause they wouldn't know what to do.

They also said the sills would be tied into other things in the car and they don't know which fuse the exact one is. I'm stunned. SMH

Lastly, I asked what the exact procedure was for removing the inner plastic sills, cause I broke the clips trying to do the side I'm working on. They couldn't even tell me that! What a waste of time.