MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   A-class (W168, W169,W176,W177) (https://mbworld.org/forums/class-w168-w169-w176-w177-182/)
-   -   Long Delays for Factory Orders from Mexico (https://mbworld.org/forums/class-w168-w169-w176-w177/745146-long-delays-factory-orders-mexico.html)

Kenyon1976 05-20-2019 02:07 PM

Long Delays for Factory Orders from Mexico

Day 1 - Placed Order
Day 84 - Car Produced
Day 104 - Not Shipped Yet

Looks like about six months minimum for mine, other buyers are having to wait 9-10 months. Parts, production and shipping delays.

I would have bought something in stock but there is one option that not a single dealer seems to ever carry, had that problem with my last car as well.

Givmeabrek 05-20-2019 09:59 PM

I bought mine off the lot and glad I did. I have no patience for waiting and needed it right away. What is that one option that you want?

Roger8 05-21-2019 12:04 AM

Yeah, I wasn't willing to wait either, so I settled for a version that had all of my "must haves", most of my "nice to haves" and none of the "don't want (not worth the money for me personally)".

Kenyon1976 05-21-2019 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Givmeabrek (Post 7760103)
I bought mine off the lot and glad I did. I have no patience for waiting and needed it right away. What is that one option that you want?

Black leather seats. Most cars have the artificial stuff, the ones that do have leather are usually in white, titanium gray/black, or beige.

Givmeabrek 05-21-2019 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kenyon1976 (Post 7760592)
Black leather seats. Most cars have the artificial stuff, the ones that do have leather are usually in white, titanium gray/black, or beige.

The dealer told me that MBtex (artificial material MB uses) is in 95% of the cars they sell. It's much more durable, easier to clean and feels much like leather. It gets old looking very quickly. The black will get very hot in summer. Leather is not very popular these days.

Kenyon1976 05-23-2019 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Givmeabrek (Post 7760699)
The dealer told me that MBtex (artificial material MB uses) is in 95% of the cars they sell. It's much more durable, easier to clean and feels much like leather. It gets old looking very quickly. The black will get very hot in summer. Leather is not very popular these days.

I clean and treat my leather every six months, good as new after 10 years. I guess I'm just old school.

John Webster 05-23-2019 12:20 PM

Day 110... car produced not shipped.
Looks like we ordered our cars around the same time.

One thing that surprised me is my dealership said I am the only one that brought up that the premium package lists blind spot assist as an included option, but when you add the package it says it is $550 more... kind of bait and switch to me... It should not be listed as part of the package....

ZacMatic 05-23-2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by John Webster (Post 7762503)
Day 110... car produced not shipped.
Looks like we ordered our cars around the same time.

One thing that surprised me is my dealership said I am the only one that brought up that the premium package lists blind spot assist as an included option, but when you add the package it says it is $550 more... kind of bait and switch to me... It should not be listed as part of the package....

It's messy. If you select just Premium Package for $1550, you also get Blind Spot Assist for $550, so that makes the Premium Package effectively $2100. However, if you select Premium ($1550) and Multimedia ($1150) and Driver Assistance ($2250), you "save" $550 because Active Blind Spot Assist is included in the Driver Assistance package and it supersedes Blind Spot Assist.

Similarly, if you select Leather Seats ($1450) you have to also choose Heated ($580) or Heated and Ventilated ($1030) seats, so leather really costs $2030.

Mercedes packages and options and their dependencies are endlessly confusing.

jesy 05-23-2019 10:38 PM

day 83 for me, nothing yet :(

John Webster 05-24-2019 10:36 AM

It goes beyond messy... it lists it as an included option in premium package... I understand that when you click some packages it has an add on requirement... but those don't list the item as included with package...

ZacMatic 05-24-2019 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by John Webster (Post 7763290)
It goes beyond messy... it lists it as an included option in premium package... I understand that when you click some packages it has an add on requirement... but those don't list the item as included with package...

I see what you mean! I didn't notice this before. On the website, it looks like this:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...daa44cefe6.png

And in the Dealer Order Guide, it looks like this:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9baf35d896.png

And on the window sticker, it's like this:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9ac697b001.png

:nix:

ZacMatic 05-25-2019 07:52 PM

My car supposed to arrive on Wednesday!

For the record, placed order on Feb 20, and the salesman showed me on his computer that the next available build slot was March 30. At the end of April, he told me it would arrive in 45 days, but I'm guessing that was just to provide some padding since it's arriving 17 days early.

I plan to take delivery Thursday or Friday.

Kenyon1976 05-26-2019 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by ZacMatic (Post 7764331)
My car supposed to arrive on Wednesday!

For the record, placed order on Feb 20, and the salesman showed me on his computer that the next available build slot was March 30. At the end of April, he told me it would arrive in 45 days, but I'm guessing that was just to provide some padding since it's arriving 17 days early.

I plan to take delivery Thursday or Friday.

Congrats! I took delivery of a lot car instead, had almost everything I wanted and the price was excellent.

John Webster 05-27-2019 12:50 AM

Jealous.... Ordered mine February 2nd and still no update besides produced/not shipped.

Kenyon1976 05-27-2019 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by John Webster (Post 7765059)
Jealous.... Ordered mine February 2nd and still no update besides produced/not shipped.

Yeah, my car had pretty much everything except the color is the last one I would have chosen and the interior my least favorite. Oddly enough though it's already growing on me and I may stick with it as stock.

Mine was produced not shipped, ordered around the same time as yours. My salesperson ordered about 2 months before, same status. From what I can tell the logistics of rail transport in Mexico from the plant is not so good especially given the considerable bump in production in the past year.
That being said, cars should be tagged like parcels. The other concern is it's sitting out in a lot getting sun exposure, possible bird droppings (one car I bought was so damaged they had to repaint the roof) and the fluids are starting to settle.

jesy 06-11-2019 09:47 AM

Im at 102 days now, still not produced. It's a new model, I understand a slight delay here and there but this is bull**** and just terrible business. I was excited about getting my first Mercedes, but I think im starting to regret my decision now.

Kenyon1976 06-11-2019 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by jesy (Post 7776179)
Im at 102 days now, still not produced. It's a new model, I understand a slight delay here and there but this is bull**** and just terrible business. I was excited about getting my first Mercedes, but I think im starting to regret my decision now.

That is a long time to go to production, mine was a few weeks short of that but then I encountered shipping delays with no explanation (VIN number but no update after 30 days). Even dealer employees who are buying the A220 report problems and customers are getting upset.
The problem with delays is that the car could be sitting in a lot getting sunburned and bird poop on it, I don't know if it has fluids in it as well (would think not, but that's not my expertise) but if so that's another issue with pooling/settling of fluids. That drove part of my decision to get one off the lot instead and to be honest it was the right decision.

I understand shipping issues because we are dealing with rail to ship and Mexico and they probably don't have the capacity/efficiency to accommodate the vastly increased production at the plant (and probably promised that they did).

I ended up buying a car that was very close to my original specs and got an excellent discount because of the delay in the order. It is my first Mercedes as well.

Personally I think it's worthwhile to get the car, I'm extremely pleased, have put about 1,400 miles on it and so far so good. You have to set it up correctly for navigation and interfacing with your phone but once done it works quite well. The car has incredible handling, the MBUX system is by and large more advanced than anything on the market and the construction/workmanship is excellent. We are buying early so are in effect beta testers, if you buy off the lot take it for a test drive and make sure to use all functions (windshield wipers, sun roof, etc.) + listen for noises (tell salesman to shut up lol).

Cheers

John Webster 06-11-2019 01:27 PM

Day 129.... it’s still produced/not shipped. If the car isn’t here in 3 weeks I am going with something else. I hate it, but every day the car doesn’t arrive it’s depreciating even though it’s brand new.

Kenyon1976 06-11-2019 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by John Webster (Post 7776367)
Day 129.... it’s still produced/not shipped. If the car isn’t here in 3 weeks I am going with something else. I hate it, but every day the car doesn’t arrive it’s depreciating even though it’s brand new.

Guardian Newspaper:

Sales of Mercedes-Benz cars fell 7% in the first quarter 0f 2019, partly because of manufacturing bottlenecks for the A-Class compact car in Aguascalientes, Mexico, the Mercedes-Benz van in Charleston, South Carolina, and the Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

jesy 06-29-2019 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by John Webster (Post 7765059)

has yours shipped yet?

John Webster 06-29-2019 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by jesy (Post 7790831)
has yours shipped yet?

Yeah it arrived at the VPC on Tuesday. Supposed to be at the dealership this coming Tuesday. That will be the 150th day since ordering it.

Joseph Lavinski 07-08-2019 12:18 PM

I purchased a 2019 A Class on 1/23/19. It has been produced but not shipped. Dealer can get not information regarding the delay other than it is a parts problem. I will at some point cancel the order and buy one off the lot. Joe:)

Joseph Lavinski 07-08-2019 12:22 PM

Would like opinions as to when A Class will be shipped. I ordered on 1/23/19 but have no idea when it will arrive, It has bee produced but not shipped. HAs anyone else have similar problems or a best guess at to when it will arrive? If not delivered by the end of this month I plan to cancel and order one in stock. Joe:)

Joseph Lavinski 07-08-2019 12:25 PM

I ordered 1/23/19 . Status is produced but apparently this is a part issue. Deal cn't determine when it will ship. Joe:)

Deriggs007 07-08-2019 11:03 PM

I hope for those getting this built they give you a big chunk of a discount considering they're already 6 months depreciated....