Passenger airbag warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A220
Passenger airbag warning

Passenger airbag warning has returned. The dealer had back ordered a replacement buckle. Hopefully that'll fix this once it arrives.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:21 PM

A220
The part finally came in and got it replaced today. It took 2.5 hours (seemed long to me) but at least the warning light is off. Hoping this "sticks".
Old 07-13-2019, 10:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
Originally Posted by Roger8
The part finally came in and got it replaced today. It took 2.5 hours (seemed long to me) but at least the warning light is off. Hoping this "sticks".
Was it the error of “passenger airbag malfunction. Service required”

i just got my car back from dealer and as soon as I picked it up, I had that warning.

faulty seat Buckle? That’s odd.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:24 AM

A220
Yeah. The first time it appeared, it was while driving. Someone was sitting in the passenger seat but nothing unusual was going on. From then on, the warning would appear every time I started the car (I was hoping it might magically go away). I took it in and they said the front passenger buckle may be bad. They "exercised the pins" and the error went away. They still ordered the part since they thought it could be bad. They were apparently right since the error came back after a week or so (this time when no one was in the passenger seat). It took a little over a month for the part to arrive.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:38 AM

A220
Yeah. The first time it appeared, it was while driving. Someone was sitting in the passenger seat but nothing unusual was going on. From then on, the warning would appear every time I started the car (I was hoping it might magically go away). I took it in and they said the front passenger buckle may be bad. They "exercised the pins" and the error went away. They still ordered the part since they thought it could be bad. They were apparently right since the error came back after a week or so (this time when no one was in the passenger seat). It took a little over a month for the part to arrive.
Mine was perfectly fine until I got my car back from the service of sunroof exploded and what ever else that persisted.

What made me mad is it was like that as soon as I picked the car up and they blantantly ignored it.

The car car has been in the shop almost as long as I’ve had it. If I go in for 2 other issues. I’m doing a lemon law. I don’t care how small the issues are, a $45000 small car should not have the build quality of a 10,000 one. The QC of this vehicle is substandard. Like the squeaky door panel. Just touch the same thing and it howled at you. Least they resolved it
Old 07-25-2019, 10:57 AM

A220
...and it's back. The warning light came on again as I was driving into to work. No passenger, no bumps, just driving casually at slow speeds on side roads.

At this point, I'm debating if I should go to another Mercedes dealership to see if they'd have better luck diagnosing this. @Deriggs007, did you get your warning light fixed yet? Maybe I'll wait for that and see what solution they come up with for you.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK 350 w AMG / 2008 C / 2019 A220
...and it's back. The warning light came on again as I was driving into to work. No passenger, no bumps, just driving casually at slow speeds on side roads.

At this point, I'm debating if I should go to another Mercedes dealership to see if they'd have better luck diagnosing this. @Deriggs007, did you get your warning light fixed yet? Maybe I'll wait for that and see what solution they come up with for you.
Is this different from the SRS Malfunction? My car is in the shop for the second time in two weeks for the SRS. Parts may have to be ordered. GRRRR!
Old 07-25-2019, 04:02 PM

A220
I don't know about SRS Malfunction. At least, the warning that appears specifically mentions the front passenger airbag malfunctioned.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:40 PM

A220
I have not gotten it back yet for the airbag problem. They had to order my sunshade that was damaged from the sunroof and probably haven't looked at it. I'll tell you what. If you don't have warranty, I would suggest purchasing it.

Sun SHADE replacement on the car was $1500. What a bunch of thief's.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:23 PM

A220
Yeah, I got the extended warranty. I figured this is a first year model so it's worth it (also have the option to cancel up until a certain point so it seemed safe). Not sure how late you can get it but I'd suggest you consider getting it, too, if you haven't already.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:56 PM

A220
Took the car in to have the airbag warning looked at again. They called and said they were awaiting guidance from Mercedes. Supposedly other new A classes have the same problem. They don't yet know if it's a software update, new controller, etc. They hope to have an answer Monday.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:18 PM

A220
They called and said it's fixed. They replaced the SRS control module. I got a different error but seems same solution as mentioned here: https://mbworld.org/forums/class-w16...lfunction.html.

Hopefully it stays fixed this time.