W176 OEM Reversing camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45
Question W176 OEM Reversing camera

Hello.

Just got myself an A45 and wanting to retrofit the reversing camera.
I have an NTG 4.5 and I got an original camera from a breakers yard.

Any ideas where I can get a wiring loom / connectors and some instructions on hooking it up and enabling it?

Will I need any more parts?
Are the guidelines part of NTG or would I need another part for this?

Thanks
Old 09-12-2018, 03:24 PM

mercedes A class FL 13
cost me 500 to get it installed, through mercedesnav online. you could probably contact them and go through it that way? dead helpful company.

how much did you get it for if you dont mind me asking (camera)
Old 09-12-2018, 07:35 PM

A45
I found the full OEM kits for around 400-500 not installed so 500 installed seems pretty good to me.
Those kits come with a box which was described as a "modulator" but I suspect this is the processing unit to add guidelines?
I only bought the motorised camera unit. you can pick them up for about £75 - 100 GBP.
I'm hoping the inputs are power from the reverse light and it puts out a composite video signal so it could just wire direct to the NTG or an after market screen.
I'm planning to get dash cam and aftermarket screen put in too all at the same time if I can, so I'm just trying to source the parts right now.

I've yet to work out exactly how aftermarket screens interact with the NTG and if it would make more sense to wire the camera to the NTG or direct to the screen.

It seems to be a dark art with not much good quality technical guidance around.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:34 AM

mercedes A class FL 13
Originally Posted by DanInManchester
I found the full OEM kits for around 400-500 not installed so 500 installed seems pretty good to me.
Those kits come with a box which was described as a "modulator" but I suspect this is the processing unit to add guidelines?
I only bought the motorised camera unit. you can pick them up for about £75 - 100 GBP.
I'm hoping the inputs are power from the reverse light and it puts out a composite video signal so it could just wire direct to the NTG or an after market screen.
I'm planning to get dash cam and aftermarket screen put in too all at the same time if I can, so I'm just trying to source the parts right now.

I've yet to work out exactly how aftermarket screens interact with the NTG and if it would make more sense to wire the camera to the NTG or direct to the screen.

It seems to be a dark art with not much good quality technical guidance around.
i think you can attach the camera to ntg, on reverse and it will work perfect. a modulator will probably be required but you couldd find the same info from other reversing cameras for guidelines