Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45
Question w176 After market android screen

Hello

I have a UK A45 NTG 4.5.

I'm looking for an after market screen and have come across Icebox Auto in the UK.
They have a newer model with a better processor, HD screen and Android 8 but I cant find much info on them from users,
Mercedes Benz 10.25" A-W176 G-W460 GLA-X156 CLA-C117 CLS-C218 Class Android 8.0 HL-1038

Has anyone any experience of this company, the fitters they recommend and specifically this new device?

Old 04-28-2019, 07:26 PM

w176 A class 2013
Hey,
I have literally just received the 10.25’ Android Unit from these guys on ebay. Im yet to install but it came with no instructions and took a few weeks at that as-well. Quality seems okay, but i cant judge until after i have installed. I have a fitter but the install looks pretty straight forward apart from the air-vent removal and i will probably attempt myself. If you have any technical experience and are good at following youtube videos i reckon you could give it a shot, however its best to keep the job for a professional fitter considering (no instructions etc)
Old 06-03-2020, 08:02 AM

Mercedes A45
Screen upgrade

Hi all. I have purchased a screen from Icebox auto some months ago for my 2013 A45 W176. The install is easy enough but I have not been able to get any sound. Rob at Iceboxauto said it was an extra cable needed and it took months for him to get one to me. The cable was a AMI with a female 3.5” jackplug socket. The issue is how to connect the cable to the wiring?!?! I cant get hold of Rob anymore so not sure if in business. Any help would really be appreciated

Rob came back to me and supplied me with another cable, a male 3.5 jackplug with the end that fits into the box supplied with the screen. Have gone through activating aux and it said successful but still no sound. Can get sound if I directly connect my phone so I know it works.
Really really would appreciate any help. Have had my car apart for almost a year now

Last edited by Stu45; 12-05-2020 at 10:03 AM.