A-Class sedan: When will they be available for viewing in the US?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tesla Model S
A-Class sedan: When will they be available for viewing in the US?

I am getting close to ordering an E-Elass but want to hold off until I can see the forthcoming A-Class.

Does anyone know when the A-Class sedan will be available for viewing in the US?
Old 11-26-2018, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC300
Originally Posted by Argelius
I am getting close to ordering an E-Elass but want to hold off until I can see the forthcoming A-Class.

Does anyone know when the A-Class sedan will be available for viewing in the US?
My dealer says December. You are cross shopping an A-class and an E-class?
Old 11-26-2018, 06:17 PM

Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by glj86
My dealer says December. You are cross shopping an A-class and an E-class?

I know. A little crazy. I'm a gadget/tech nut, so the new MBUX system intrigues me greatly. (And knowing the E Class will have it before I'm ready to part with my 2019 would bug me...). But if the A-Class is too small or otherwise feels cheap, tech notwithstanding, I think I'll happily go with the E.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:58 AM

GLC300
Smile

I know. A little crazy. I'm a gadget/tech nut, so the new MBUX system intrigues me greatly. (And knowing the E Class will have it before I'm ready to part with my 2019 would bug me...). But if the A-Class is too small or otherwise feels cheap, tech notwithstanding, I think I'll happily go with the E.
Not so crazy...I cross-shop all levels too, as well as manufacturers, AND platforms (SUV, auto, crossover). People think I am neurotic.
The following users liked this post:
Argelius (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 11:36 AM

Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by glj86
Not so crazy...I cross-shop all levels too, as well as manufacturers, AND platforms (SUV, auto, crossover). People think I am neurotic.
Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one!

When my current Tesla MS lease expires, my short list is down to:
MB E-Class Coupe
MB A-Class
Audi A6
Jaguar I Pace.

I have LOVED my MS. This is my second one and I just don't want a third one since they haven't substantively changed anything and I want something different. (Drove the Model 3 which was an amazing drive, but interior simply too austere for me). Wish there were more EV choices out now, but probably in the next 3 years there will clearly be many more options.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:28 PM

GLC300
Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one!

When my current Tesla MS lease expires, my short list is down to:
MB E-Class Coupe
MB A-Class
Audi A6
Jaguar I Pace.

I have LOVED my MS. This is my second one and I just don't want a third one since they haven't substantively changed anything and I want something different. (Drove the Model 3 which was an amazing drive, but interior simply too austere for me). Wish there were more EV choices out now, but probably in the next 3 years there will clearly be many more options.
I just spoke with my local MB dealer and was told that the A class has now been pushed to first quarter next year...something to do with tariffs. MB not the only manufacturer delaying intros. The VW Arteon has been pushed from Dec to Q1, and the Golf R has been pushed to March 2019.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 S550, 2016 C63S AMG
I get conflicting answers from my dealer. I ordered A250 4Matic loaded for my kid and we were told car will be here in January. Now pushed until March, no reason given. Dealer can not see where it will be assembled. Does anyone know? Germany, Mexico, elsewhere?
Another dealer in NJ says cars sitting at port (Baltimore) waiting for emission test clearance. His lot will be here in late January.
I asked Mercedes Benz USA and as usual, they have no clue.
ON MBUSA website it says pricing coming soon since Oct.
Can one call the Mercedes HQ in Germany (Stuttgart)? Kid was really excited after getting her drivers license and now sad...
Regards
Metanalyst.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buying One
I'm buying my first Mercedes after driving the A class in Europe, it was an amazing car (A180). Talked to several dealers and none can give me a date.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 S550, 2016 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by Kenyon1976
I'm buying my first Mercedes after driving the A class in Europe, it was an amazing car (A180). Talked to several dealers and none can give me a date.
Hi, did you take some pictures? Please post if so. Thanks.
looks like next week Merc will also show new 2020 CLA at CES in Vegas and has interior that looks like A Class...
Old 01-06-2019, 11:41 PM

Buying One
Originally Posted by metanalyst
Hi, did you take some pictures? Please post if so. Thanks.
looks like next week Merc will also show new 2020 CLA at CES in Vegas and has interior that looks like A Class...
It was a A180 actually so that's why I didn't post any pictures. Never driven a Merc before, so responsive and tight compared to my Japanese car.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:48 PM

MB 2004 C230K 6-Sp-Manual Sedan Mars Red
MBUSA has a few (probably show) cars stored at RBM Atlanta since Sept 2018, since the HQ is close to RBM. I could not get a test drive , I tried.
I lost some of the interior pictures due to SD card corruption. The seats are two-tone black+white on some.

Two different front bumbers

Back looks the same

Last edited by frox11; 01-10-2019 at 03:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ZacMatic (01-11-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 PM

Buying One
Demo cars are being made available this week.