MBUX Dashboard Map Settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 A250 4MATIC
MBUX Dashboard Map Settings

Hey all,

I just picked up my first Mercedes -- the new 2019 A-Class -- earlier this month. MBUX lets us put the navigation map on the driver's side of the 10.25 inch screens. However, there is one feature I cannot find in the manuals or by playing around with the controls: setting Auto-Zoom and the 3D / 2D options.

See this screenshot from TheStraightPipes' review on YouTube:

A class owners: Has anyone ever brought up this menu on your driver-side display? If you have, what key combo do you press?
Old 03-29-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA
Originally Posted by RogueShadow
Hey all,

I just picked up my first Mercedes -- the new 2019 A-Class -- earlier this month. MBUX lets us put the navigation map on the driver's side of the 10.25 inch screens. However, there is one feature I cannot find in the manuals or by playing around with the controls: setting Auto-Zoom and the 3D / 2D options.

A class owners: Has anyone ever brought up this menu on your driver-side display? If you have, what key combo do you press?

during the ownership, did you experience any issue/problem? for example, check engine light? vibration?
Old 05-05-2019, 12:07 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE
Originally Posted by RogueShadow
Hey all,

in the fullscreen mode, hold the select button.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:31 PM

2005 SLK 350 w AMG / 2008 C / 2019 A220
How do you like the navigation? I opted not to get is as I can connect my iPhone and use the multitude of maps apps available.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:52 PM

GLA
Originally Posted by hebsan
How do you like the navigation? I opted not to get is as I can connect my iPhone and use the multitude of maps apps available.

i agree
Old 05-08-2019, 10:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 C300 4Matic
Disagree. The built in navigation is terrific with the voice commands and augmented reality. It's so well integrated and is much better than using a phone. The phone is a real pain having to hook up wires and adapters. Even worse is the fact that carplay is not full screen on the large 10.5" display. It is a small low quality image on a large display. Not worth the effort. For me the wireless phone connection works perfectly. I can keep my phone in my pocket and it will play right where it left off. The navigation is a must.

Last edited by Givmeabrek; 05-08-2019 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typo
The following users liked this post:
ZacMatic (05-09-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 12:19 AM

GLA
Originally Posted by Givmeabrek
Disagree. The built in navigation is terrific with the voice commands and augmented reality. It's so well integrated and is much better than using a phone. The phone is a real pain having to hook up wires and adapters. Even worse is the fact that carplay is not full screen on the large 10.5" display. It is a small low quality image on a large display. Not worth the effort. For me the wireless phone connection works perfectly. I can keep my phone in my pocket and it will play right where it left off. The navigation is a must.

sounds your are right, i'm stil waiting for A220 to come to Canada
Old 05-18-2019, 06:10 PM

Mercedes A 220
Cool

Originally Posted by Givmeabrek
Disagree. The built-in navigation is terrific with the voice commands and augmented reality. It's so well integrated and is much better than using a phone. The phone is a real pain having to hook up wires and adapters. Even worse is the fact that carplay is not full screen on the large 10.5" display. It is a small low quality image on a large display. Not worth the effort. For me the wireless phone connection works perfectly. I can keep my phone in my pocket and it will play right where it left off. The navigation is a must.
I'm glad I found this forum. I'm picking up my A 220 Monday dropping down from my E300 lease because I wanted the MBUX among other reasons. I am getting the nav system (as a Realtor it's a must) I was really hoping, especially after reading other sites) that the MBUX & Nav would have wireless Carplay. It sounds like wireless Carplay is NOT available on yours? Even at the auto shows people were told by MB that Carplay would be wireless on the 2019 A Class. Do you think it might be added later thru on-air updates? I use Carplay mostly for Spotify & Pandora.
Thanks & good luck to us!
Old 05-19-2019, 12:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 C300 4Matic
Wireless CarPlay is not available for the A220. I suppose it would be possible to add it via an update, but I have heard nothing. The wired connection requires a USBC adapter (included) and a lightning cable. With this setup the phone won't fit in the wireless charger. Nice. Also as I mentioned the display is so poor that I would never use it like that. An update to add wireless with an improved display would be terrific. However the car's nav system is much better than any CarPlay nav system. Let's hope an updated version comes soon.