Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

WTB: AMG Spoiler and badge for a W124

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MG TC
WTB: AMG Spoiler and badge for a W124

I am looking for an ORIGINAL AMG 3 piece spoiler for a W124 and an original AMG badge, NOT the new style with the diagonal lines.
I would also be interested in knowing what other pre Mercedes (1992) AMG items are available for the 124s.

Does anyone have a list as to what was available? I have some catalogues from the late 80s but nothing later.

I get the impression that AMG in Germany did most of the engine/drivetrain modifications while AMG NA's business was mostly styling. interior and exterior. Something to do with our (USA) pollution laws at the time perhaps. Any conformation of this?
I visited their place in Westmont a few times and another AMG dealer in Highland Park Illinois but didn't buy anything at the time. Another astute move on my part...

I know they did a lot of work to individual requirements, especially AMG NA. But they also had some "stock" items like wheels, shift knobs, steering wheels, exhaust, etc.
As I recall one had to buy 2 exterior items to "qualify" to buy a badge. I guess they didn't want any fake AMG cars around. Now, almost 20 years later, there are more Hammers than the factory ever produced...

Thanks,

Ron