MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   Post-Surgery pics... (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/100431-post-surgery-pics.html)

mmgrad 03-06-2005 05:18 PM

Post-Surgery pics...

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few updated pics of my clk... its been a while since I've posted pics...

what you see is whats listed in my signature... enjoy...

Josh K 03-06-2005 08:39 PM

looks beautiful!

AMGfan 03-06-2005 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Josh K
looks beautiful!

I agree...I had the baby brother to those rims on my CLK430 for awhile, but the chrome finish was just too tough to keep in proper condition. I had to get them re-chromed and it took 6 weeks. No mas...

I am glad you stuck with the regular finish and it looks really nice with the bodykit. You should think of getting it fitted with the transparent 3M film to keep your paint job chip resistant.

Peace.

mmgrad 03-06-2005 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by AMGfan
I agree...I had the baby brother to those rims on my CLK430 for awhile, but the chrome finish was just too tough to keep in proper condition. I had to get them re-chromed and it took 6 weeks. No mas...

I am glad you stuck with the regular finish and it looks really nice with the bodykit. You should think of getting it fitted with the transparent 3M film to keep your paint job chip resistant.

Peace.

Thanks guys... Yeah, chrome can be a lotta work... plus, I think chrome looks best on a black car, and mine isn't all the way there yet...

I was very interested in getting a clear bra for my car, but, its hard to find a "qualified" installer who can also make a custom kit for the front bumper...

lowphat 03-06-2005 11:31 PM

Lowdown, showdown, classy and understated. Sweet looking ride. :y :y

wily 03-07-2005 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by mmgrad
Thanks guys... Yeah, chrome can be a lotta work... plus, I think chrome looks best on a black car, and mine isn't all the way there yet...

I was very interested in getting a clear bra for my car, but, its hard to find a "qualified" installer who can also make a custom kit for the front bumper...

Hey mmgrad, I had my clear bra done by Sam @ Premier Mobile. They recently installed a clear bra on my clk55 and my wifes GS. The GS had a TTL lip and they made a custom piece for it. The install is flawless. I heard they travel to SoCal quite often. Try giving them a call if you want someone who can do quality custom work. They are also sponsors on this site. Email is sam@premiermobilegroup.com. :)

CLKevco 03-07-2005 01:57 AM

Beautiful ride... mind if i ask what spring pads you're running all the way around?

Thanks
Kev

CurYousGee 03-07-2005 04:17 AM

very nice danny...glad you got it back looking the way it is.....

Benzo 03-07-2005 08:05 AM

No question about it, MMGRAD. Looks fantastic and tasteful. I have toyed with the lorinser kit for some time and was going to re-paint the entire car techtite grey and add the kit. Without the darker mesh the car really looked like it was smiling- not in an intimidating manner but in a vw bug on steroids kind of way. Well done.

TresX 03-07-2005 09:56 AM

looks very aggresive.....I love it....in the first pic it looks like your right fog light is mis-angled. Could just be the pic though. Other than that...looks mean!!

str8ridin 03-07-2005 11:24 AM

YES!! Finally pics of tyhe 19" 2/5's on a W208! :) And whoa! Looks great! You've done your car very tastefully and classy. Very very nice. I like the V8 badge on the side. Nice touch. Where did you get it?

BklynBenz 03-07-2005 11:40 AM

looks sick, very nice :y

mmgrad 03-07-2005 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by wily
Hey mmgrad, I had my clear bra done by Sam @ Premier Mobile. They recently installed a clear bra on my clk55 and my wifes GS. The GS had a TTL lip and they made a custom piece for it. The install is flawless. I heard they travel to SoCal quite often. Try giving them a call if you want someone who can do quality custom work. They are also sponsors on this site. Email is sam@premiermobilegroup.com. :)

thanks for the info... i'll get in touch with them to get some quotes...

mmgrad 03-07-2005 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by CLKevco
Beautiful ride... mind if i ask what spring pads you're running all the way around?

Thanks
Kev

I'm running #1 pads up front, and... #3 or 4 pads in the rear... I may go back to #1 pads in the back... it looks a little weird with the a$$ so high...

mmgrad 03-07-2005 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TresX
looks very aggresive.....I love it....in the first pic it looks like your right fog light is mis-angled. Could just be the pic though. Other than that...looks mean!!

talk about an eye for details... I think it was the angle I was standing at... but, I'll check it out when i get home tonight...

mmgrad 03-07-2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by str8ridin
YES!! Finally pics of tyhe 19" 2/5's on a W208! :) And whoa! Looks great! You've done your car very tastefully and classy. Very very nice. I like the V8 badge on the side. Nice touch. Where did you get it?

I got mine from the Benz dealer... just ask for G-Class badges (from G500)....

they run about $16 a set...

Silver 03-07-2005 09:42 PM

Wow, looks great. Might be my new favorite CLK. Can you post more pics from further away and different angles? I really like what you did with the darker mesh on the grill. :y :y

mmgrad 03-07-2005 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver
Wow, looks great. Might be my new favorite CLK. Can you post more pics from further away and different angles? I really like what you did with the darker mesh on the grill. :y :y

thanks! I tried to keep it simple & tasteful...

I'll try and take some more pics this weekend... hopefully my car will still be clean at that time... :D

D2-AUTOSPORT 03-07-2005 11:34 PM

Very nice buddy, I'm glad your baby recovered! Sometimes I forget what a clean and classy vehicle the 208 is, thanks for the reminder :y

mmgrad 03-08-2005 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by D2
Very nice buddy, I'm glad your baby recovered! Sometimes I forget what a clean and classy vehicle the 208 is, thanks for the reminder :y

thanks... i like your ride too... really diggin' those wheels... I was considering a GS430 before i bought the CLK too...

one thing the GS trumps the CLK in is that it can ride dubs... :D

D2-AUTOSPORT 03-08-2005 11:09 PM

thanks... i like your ride too... really diggin' those wheels... I was considering a GS430 before i bought the CLK too...

one thing the GS trumps the CLK in is that it can ride dubs... :D

LOL, yeah its funny, but if you go to the Lexus boards and search, alot of the GS guys also considered W208s! Its funny that such different cars would attract similar people! I guess the styling, V8, pricing and prestige yadda yadda.

Great work once again, and more pics por favor!

-Derrick

LowRydeR 03-09-2005 03:45 AM

Nice and clean, just the way I like it lol. Good job dude !

MSW208 03-24-2005 06:58 PM

Looks great!

I'm glad I saw your pictures because I was curious to see what that front bumper looked like with the AMG sideskirts and rear. The brake caliper's you have....did you install them or did they come stock like that?

FrankW 03-24-2005 08:01 PM

looks good :y but honestly I like the AMG or Carlsson kit on the W203 the best.

CLK430ROB 03-24-2005 09:19 PM

hm....

Here are a few updated pics of my clk... its been a while since I've posted pics...

what you see is whats listed in my signature... enjoy...

That Sh*t .... is AIGHT. :rolleyes:

Rob