CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Can i add XM, iPod, Phone to my 98 CLK???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Can i add XM, iPod, Phone to my 98 CLK???

Ok, driving back from Charlotte today i had nothing to do besides listen to various rattles from my interior and curse at my tape adapter that was giving me mostly static and popping noises. I was about to go nuts after my trip, so i figured i would ask some questions to those who have done car audio stuff (which i have no clue about). Can i integrate my ipod video and cellphone/pda and add XM to my stereo? Would i need to get an aftermarket head unit? Im not necessarily going to do this anytime soon, but it would be good to know for other owners and for my future information.

Im not a big fan of cords going everywhere and i really cant stand those XM add on devices (the silver brick shaped things). I dont know if any of this stuff can be done to a pre-2000 clk, but i was wondering if anyone out there has done anything like it. So what's the best way to go? Aftermarket? Any way to use my existing stereo with such a setup? Thanks for the help. Ill post pictures if needed. Here's what im trying to integrate....

Black 30gig Ipod Video

Siemens SX66 smartphone

Also, anyone have any input on XM as far as quality of reception goes? how is your reception in rural areas? rain? urban areas?

Thanks for the help
Old 01-02-2006, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 honda civic lx
I'm looking to do a similar thing, minus the phone...(mine's not really car adaptable - not bluetooth, though I'd like to have the option later). I'm in a honda though, so my setup would be very different. I am interested though (sorry King320, I think mine's going to be easier - haha). :-D I hope something can work for you too though.