CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New Black Roof Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK320
Originally Posted by SFBAYCLK55AMG
Very nice, hmm thought all CLK's come with sun/moon roofs? I guess I was wrong.
The CLK sunroof is optional equipment - only the CLK55 AMG, that variant comes with most all of the options (except Comand, CD changer, phone), including the $200 ski sack option which is probably pretty under-utilized by most folks.

When I special ordered my car, I had to include the sunroof package (K3 for coupes) to get mine that way.

For the North American market, most cars built for dealer stock have the sunroof option package. Some customers (very tall ones) might special order a car w/o the sunroof to have extra headroom.

But most luxury car buyers in N.A. expect sunroofs. Otherwise, the dealer with have a tough time selling one w/o the sunroof when most are equipped in that manner.

Last edited by Hal H; 01-28-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Benzzzzz - you are the #1 mod PIIIIMP - that looks really really good - and coolest part is how unique it is. The roof spoiler looks great up there in black. The look of your whole car is really well tied together - tint will put you over the top bro.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
yeah bro, tint that sucker out. 5%-10% will hit the spot! you should of also painted the silver parts on the roof, that way they flow with the roofspoiler and line up. but it looks sick, and i love your sevas wheels! trying to convince my buddy to throw a set on his 3-series
Old 01-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Alright guys, Im gonna get black wheels soon. Either powdercoat the center of the current ones, pick up some DPE's form lowryder, or buy the HRE's (refinished with black center) from a friend. Also getting 20% done next week. Still contemplating painting the silver strips black, not 100% sure yet. Just got home from the DC auto show, it was WAYYYYY better than previous years. My friends dad was choosing between a Phantom and Maybach 57S. He already had the Continental and a rack of other cars. Got some import models info, she said she'd pose with my car for free (got some pics with her as well), and she's HOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! She told me to come back at 9 when she gets off and we can do whatever but I dont feel like driving back. Maybe Ill post some pics of her later (gotta upload them to the computer). What do you guys think about lambo doors?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by lowphat
Benzzzzz - you are the #1 mod PIIIIMP - that looks really really good - and coolest part is how unique it is. The roof spoiler looks great up there in black. The look of your whole car is really well tied together - tint will put you over the top bro.
We gotta hit up a ricer meet together and just shut down the place. Keep an eye out for pms cuz the next day we have nice weather im gonna get a meet going (today woulda been perfect but I was busy).
Old 01-28-2006, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Alright guys, Im gonna get black wheels soon. Either powdercoat the center of the current ones, pick up some DPE's form lowryder, or buy the HRE's (refinished with black center) from a friend. Also getting 20% done next week. Still contemplating painting the silver strips black, not 100% sure yet. Just got home from the DC auto show, it was WAYYYYY better than previous years. My friends dad was choosing between a Phantom and Maybach 57S. He already had the Continental and a rack of other cars. Got some import models info, she said she'd pose with my car for free (got some pics with her as well), and she's HOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! She told me to come back at 9 when she gets off and we can do whatever but I dont feel like driving back. Maybe Ill post some pics of her later (gotta upload them to the computer). What do you guys think about lambo doors?

Why don't you photochopp some black powdercoat into the center of your Sevas rims, do another chopp with DPE's and a third with black center HRE's and then post up some tantalizing pics for all us pikers to see (of the chopps AND the chick) but before you get started with all that biz, **ck the PM's about the meets, PM me the model's number and I'll knock some severe % off those HRE's sitting in the garage.... I can see it now:

"yeah baby, I'm the guy from the car show....."

"are you sure - you look thinner and older than before...

My 2 cents, I think lambo doors look cool
Old 01-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I dont have any pshop skillz, otherwise I would do it.
Heres a couple pics for lowphat (go here for more http://www.myspace.com/psychokara):
Attached Thumbnails New Black Roof Pics-auto-show-066-edited.jpg   New Black Roof Pics-auto-show-072-edited.jpg  

Last edited by blackbenzz; 01-28-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wicked nice roof.
Got any more pictures of the rest of your car? I love it!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dayammm
Old 01-29-2006, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
blackbenz - lookin sick as usual!

vipclk320 - whats the deal with your turbo? did you ever post pics? id really like to check it out.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
Ahmad if you get new wheels im gettin the seavas wheels bro.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
wow i like the roof. def go with some tints, but stay away from lambo doors
Old 01-30-2006, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Looks good. Black rims, limo tint and your done.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
you know what this might sound stupid but it kindda bothered me that everyone is like that's so original and it's pimp nod and you got ***** for doin the black roof. i have to say the car looks sick but the roof is not original in any way i had it done almost 2 years ago and i have seen three other cars that have done it so there is nothing original about that roof that was on my car a long time ago and the pictures were posted along with the roof spoiler in black. but back then it was gay and ricer. but ahmed the car looks great i love the rims and trust me pait the strips it looks 10 times better just lf you like refer to my pictures and you can see the deiffrenec. and black rims would look great thats the theme that i went with and i love it. it looks like you like the same style so check out the pics.

Last edited by VIPclk320; 01-31-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
people are just giving him props on his car. don't get all butthurt, mr "original black-roof guy."
Old 01-31-2006, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
you know what this might sound stupid but it kindda bothered me that everyone is like that's so original and it's pimp nod and you got ***** for doin the black roof. i have to say the car looks sick but the roof is not original in any way i had it done almost 2 years ago and i have seen three other cars that have done it so there is nothing original about that roof that was on my car a long time ago and the pictures were posted along with the roof spoiler in black. but ahmed the car looks great i love the rims and trust me pait the strips it looks 10 times better just lf you like refer to my pictures and you can see the deiffrenec. and black rims would look great thats the theme that i went with and i love it. it looks like you like the same style so check out the pics.

you sound like a litte cry baby bit*h, quit your whining

Old 01-31-2006, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by BklynBenz

Old 01-31-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by BklynBenz

lol i love tough guys on the inet.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by imphaded
well well well look who we have here, its banned phade under a new name. hey dude i thought you were gonna call me when you came up to nyc back in december, funny i never got a phone call from you tough guy, lmao. go back to elitefitness and talk about juice and G, hahahahahaha
Old 01-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Damn, look what I started
PS- I never claimed to be the first one to paint my roof black. I actually saw it on my friends M3 and decided to do it. No need for all the drama.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally Posted by imphaded
judging from what you just posted, you must either be VIPCLK's biotch OR butch....
Old 01-31-2006, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Damn, look what I started
PS- I never claimed to be the first one to paint my roof black. I actually saw it on my friends M3 and decided to do it. No need for all the drama.
Dont worry Ahmad hes just hateing because your looks better than hes
Old 01-31-2006, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
who wants to be a tough guy? cuz all i got to say about that is Fu.. off. if you have a problem come to me in person and we can take care of it. i am way too old for youre stupid tough guy ****. other than that i said that this will sound stupid. but when me and josh k were talking about the black roof everyone was like eww, ehh and crap like that how come now it's the cool thing. and this has nothing to do with Ahmed's car his props are well deserved( good job man) the whole thing behind this is that some suckers here talk alot of ***** and judge too early before seeing the **** and as soon as they see the **** they become fans and jump on the band wagon. so ahmed good job man car looks great and you get mad props from me because you are not one of those narrow minded idiots that can't be original and do something different. and is constantly complaining and *****ing about the problems this car has. if yall want to cry about what i said before, all i have to say is go REALLY mod youre car and then come and talk!!! adding AMG rims, doing black window trim, tint, pedals, shiftknob, flat hood emblem and **** like that is not a mod. if you want to see a real moded car look at josh k, amed's car and a few others on this fourm and learn and quit youre complaining about how horrible the clk w208 is if you can't take it sell it and get a scion XA comes with a huge warranty!!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
who wants to be a tough guy? cuz all i got to say about that is Fu.. off. if you have a problem come to me in person and we can take care of it. i am way too old for youre stupid tough guy ****. other than that i said that this will sound stupid. but when me and josh k were talking about the black roof everyone was like eww, ehh and crap like that how come now it's the cool thing. and this has nothing to do with Ahmed's car his props are well deserved( good job man) the whole thing behind this is that some suckers here talk alot of ***** and judge too early before seeing the **** and as soon as they see the **** they become fans and jump on the band wagon. so ahmed good job man car looks great and you get mad props from me because you are not one of those narrow minded idiots that can't be original and do something different. and is constantly complaining and *****ing about the problems this car has. if yall want to cry about what i said before, all i have to say is go REALLY mod youre car and then come and talk!!! adding AMG rims, doing black window trim, tint, pedals, shiftknob, flat hood emblem and **** like that is not a mod. if you want to see a real moded car look at josh k, amed's car and a few others on this fourm and learn and quit youre complaining about how horrible the clk w208 is if you can't take it sell it and get a scion XA comes with a huge warranty!!!!
damn dude is still whining, no one wants to hear it. btw where in either one of these threads where you show off your black roof did someone bash it?

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/127648-here-some-updated-pis-my-vip-clk.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/108935-here-some-pictures-my-vipclk320.html
Old 01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
oh the drama!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Black Roof Pics