MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   W208 ECU Reset (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/156849-w208-ecu-reset.html)

cntlaw 07-27-2006 05:48 AM

W208 ECU Reset

W208 ECU Reset Procedure - I have no idea as if this procedure has been seen by anyone? This is far too complex than the one I been using on W203!

CLK ECU Reset Procedures

*** I highly recommend you take your ECU to a dealer to clear any faults. ****

The difference between having the dealer "reset your ECU and you doing it is that the dealer only clears the faults the ECU has on memory, when you reset your ECU, it must basically re-calibrate itself and learn about all your car's systems from scratch.

Preparation Steps:

1. Make sure your steering wheel is not turned to either side.
2. Make sure your windows are all the way up
3. Make sure your sun roof is completely closed
4. Make sure your parking brake is released
6. Turn off your stereo.
7. Make sure you have your stereo's Anti-theft code
8. Turn off your heat/AC blower
9. Turn off your lights
10. Make sure your doors are UNLOCKED.
11. READ THE WHOLE PROCEDURE BEFORE GETTING STARTED

Reset Steps:
Open your trunk and disconnect the negative side of your battery, wait 30 seconds and re-connect it back.

Post-Reset Steps

Turn the key to position 2 (DO NOT START YOUR ENGINE)

1. Resetting your windows: You only have ONE shot at this so you must not screw up. Bring down both windows at the same time by holding the switches just before the click that brings them down automatically. Once both windows are all the way down make both switches click by pressing them all the way down. This lets the ECU learn that that is the end of the window track and it records it in memory. Do the same closing the windows by holding both switches and making them click once the windows are all the way up.

2. Turn on your blower and make both sides go to 72 deg. by pressing both up and down buttons at the same time. This will calibrate the ECU

3. Turn on your stereo and enter you stereo code. If you don’t have it. You can forget about listening to the radio.

4. Pull the sun roof all the way back and all the way forward then up and then down

6. Turn all you lights on and off, including your fog lights

7. Turn the key back to position 0.

8. Turn on your engine. You will get 2 malfunctions; your ABS and ESP systems must be calibrated.

9. Calibrate your ABS and ESP systems by turning the steering wheel all the way to your RIGHT and then all the way to your LEFT. Then bring it back to the middle. Notice the two yellow lights disappear from you dashboard.

10. Let your car run in idle for about 5 minutes and then take it for a spin. Remember your ECU is still getting all the readings from all the sensors on your car so drive slowly first then faster... and so on... you are basically teaching your ECU how to handle your car.

Hope this helps, and remember, do this at your own risk. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY THING I MAY HAVE OMMITTED. ANY THOUGTHS AND CRITICS ARE WELCOME. Also if you go ahead with this procedure. Post how everything went on this thread.

wnycec 04-08-2008 02:37 PM

Can anyone confirm this?

:nix:

Chappy 04-08-2008 05:20 PM

Commonly referred to as the "sneaky" reset....It may reset one or two parameters (out of a half-dozen or so). I haven't seen any concrete evidence it increases performance - other than the butt dyno.

wnycec 04-08-2008 05:37 PM

I am having problems with my AC. I was wondering if this would help reset the AC. Right now it is blowing at high even though i lower the fan speed within the car. So I was thinkin a reset will work out any kinks.

Please confirm or confirm that this wont solve my problem.

gregory13lil 04-08-2008 06:00 PM

It definitely does work...and by that I mean everyting worked well afterwards just like it said it would. The only problem I had redoing was my sunroof but I just kept trying it a couple of times and it reset the sunroof perfectly.

I used the reset to fix my codes stored for my MAF sensor. I put the new MAF from the dealer on and it still acted up and hesitated so instead of waiting the 300 miles to reset I just did the reset posted above and ran like new as soon as I ran it afterwards. Like I said earlier, I dont know exactly what it did to fix it BUT its definitely worth a try for other to use...hell its a free and cheap fix if it works!!!

Greg

MarcusF 04-08-2008 06:15 PM

WNYCEC,

Hopefully the HVAC controller hasn't gone bad. If so, it's part number 140 830 2685 and lists for about $900 or $700 with the MBCA discount. I would contact ProgRama or one of the two guys on the list who are parting out their cars before spending any money.

wnycec 04-10-2008 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by MarcusF (Post 2755488)
WNYCEC,

Hopefully the HVAC controller hasn't gone bad. If so, it's part number 140 830 2685 and lists for about $900 or $700 with the MBCA discount. I would contact ProgRama or one of the two guys on the list who are parting out their cars before spending any money.

What list are you referring to and which two guys? Thanks for the help MarcusF.

gregory13lil 04-10-2008 03:50 PM

This guy is parting out his car: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/233394-2002-clk430-totaled.html

I cant seem to find the other one..he may only be in the classifieds??? I will keep looking for you.

Greg

MarcusF 04-10-2008 08:01 PM

I meant "list price". What the dealer charges when you go up to the counter and say "I need part number 140 830 2685." Their response is "$895 plus tax".

The other guy with one is PRZNSKILLZ. I know he has one. I just PM'd him earlier this week. I wanted a spare, but you actually NEED one, so you should take it.

ratha67 04-10-2008 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by wnycec (Post 2755314)
I am having problems with my AC. I was wondering if this would help reset the AC. Right now it is blowing at high even though i lower the fan speed within the car. So I was thinkin a reset will work out any kinks.

Please confirm or confirm that this wont solve my problem.

I had these symptoms with my clk430 and replaced the blower regulator. Fan would blow high, low, or not blow at all... Kind of had a mind of its own regardless of what setting it was on. Have you been able to cancel that out yet as the source of your problem.?

vuranel 12-02-2011 02:28 PM

if i take fuse out than put back in works fine . until next day :-(