MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   Washer Fluid (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/224828-washer-fluid.html)

Jessica90 01-03-2008 01:27 AM

Washer Fluid

I noticed that my washer fluid is leaking. I used to fill it up with washer fluid every month or so even though I barely used any.

Now it's becoming more of a weekly thing. Just last Saturday I filled it up & tonight I got the malfunction "Washer Fluid Low."

What do I do to solve the problem & how much do you think it would cost?

Thanks in advance!

rpraka 01-05-2008 09:24 AM

I had same problem and I took the car to an independant MB shop. Apparently this is a common problem. They charged me about 79 cents for the part and $20 for labor.

ratha67 01-05-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by rpraka (Post 2582074)
I had same problem and I took the car to an independant MB shop. Apparently this is a common problem. They charged me about 79 cents for the part and $20 for labor.

I've got the same problem... Any clue as to what that 79 cent part was and what needs to be done

Sometime last year, I had the warning come on for low washer fluid so I filled up the reservoir. About a week later I noticed quite a bit of dried up washer fluid residue on the garage floor. I haven't used any washer fluid however the reservoir is half full now. I haven't refilled the fluid and haven't noticed it leaking anymore. It must only leak if the reservoir more than half full.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Serndipity 01-05-2008 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by ratha67 (Post 2582216)
I've got the same problem... Any clue as to what that 79 cent part was and what needs to be done

Had the problem (lost washer fluid) under warranty.

Dealer replaced the tank which didn't correct the problem.

Took it back and they replaced a rubber gasket which corrected the problem.

Could be cracked tank seam or a gasket.

mheffel 01-05-2008 03:35 PM

You might be able to look around under the hood and see where the leak is. I had a leak last year where the fluid supply tube connects to the headlight washer mechanism ... a $0.20 ring hose clamp I installed myself did the trick. Your car may not have the headlight washers, but if so check those supply lines and connections for leaks.

gregory13lil 01-06-2008 10:45 AM

I just repaired mine a couple months ago..i had this problem for quite a while and couldn't get a straight answer. SO....I ended up replacing the rubber gasket seals on the bottom of the tank 50 cents each from the dealer and it did not fix my problem. SO I went back to the dealer and the parts person told me that the washer pump (27 bucks I think) is a common problem as well. I ended up buying the pump and that fixed my leak problem.

I would suggest looking around the pump area and if you see dried up blue around that area then go ahead and buy the pump and gasket seals and I can almost guarantee it will fix your problem.

OOOOhhhhh one more thing, before anyone goes off to buy any parts please ensure that you have checked all connections and tightened them up. It could be as easy as a loose hose but I doubt it.

Greg

jtbeche 01-06-2008 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by mheffel (Post 2582549)
You might be able to look around under the hood and see where the leak is. I had a leak last year where the fluid supply tube connects to the headlight washer mechanism ... a $0.20 ring hose clamp I installed myself did the trick. Your car may not have the headlight washers, but if so check those supply lines and connections for leaks.

I also had this exact same problem. New clamp, problem solved.

Chappy 01-08-2008 02:59 PM

In addition, my experience has been (on my 300CE) that the tank heater elements contribute to the weakening of the plastic tank along the seams.

The fix is a new tank and (if you live in a warmer climate), don't re-install the heating element in the tank.