CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

tickets...abbreviation for MB and tints ticket while parked?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208

some cop at montclair university gave me 4 tickets while my car was PARKED 1stly for parking ...and i got to my car before he even wrote the ticket but he still gave it to me...and then he gave me 3 more tickets...for unclear plates, tinted windows, tinted taillights...AND he kept my PBA card...ahole..

but anyway...2 questions...first of all does anyone if the abbreviation for Mercedes is Merc or Merd? ...i think Merc = mercury and i guess Merd = Mercedes....but not sure....might even vary from state...?...in the system it says the make as Merc for 2 tix and Merd for the otha 2....reason i ask is because every1 always says if they f*k up on the ticket info, ur usually let off the hook for the ticket...he also wrote the wrong car registration expiration date on some of the tickets if that matters...

2nd question...can i even get tickets like tinted windows, tinted tails and unclear plates while my car is PARKED and not moving?!...its not a movin violation but i dont think cops can do up to a random parked car and just leave a tints ticket on his windshield while he aint there....
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 430
just go to court coz he will not shows up.....the dumb azz retard.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by J56BP
just go to court coz he will not shows up.....the dumb azz retard.

If he does, you can prove you were parked with his parking ticket

ALi
Old 02-22-2008, 10:11 PM

CLK430, SC430, RX330
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds

some cop at montclair university gave me 4 tickets while my car was PARKED 1stly for parking ...and i got to my car before he even wrote the ticket but he still gave it to me...and then he gave me 3 more tickets...for unclear plates, tinted windows, tinted taillights...AND he kept my PBA card...ahole..

but anyway...2 questions...first of all does anyone if the abbreviation for Mercedes is Merc or Merd? ...i think Merc = mercury and i guess Merd = Mercedes....but not sure....might even vary from state...?...in the system it says the make as Merc for 2 tix and Merd for the otha 2....reason i ask is because every1 always says if they f*k up on the ticket info, ur usually let off the hook for the ticket...he also wrote the wrong car registration expiration date on some of the tickets if that matters...

2nd question...can i even get tickets like tinted windows, tinted tails and unclear plates while my car is PARKED and not moving?!...its not a movin violation but i dont think cops can do up to a random parked car and just leave a tints ticket on his windshield while he aint there....

That sucks...I prosecuted administrative code violations, traffic tickets, and misdemeanors for awhile and the abbreviation thing is not going to help you. Messing up when writing the ticket or using the wrong abbreviation is not a defense for you. Any changes to the ticket can be done in court, so he could have even cited you for the wrong vehicle code violation and that would still be able to get amended and cleared up once it is heard in court.

In California, all of the citations you got can be written even if you are not there or moving or present. I expect its not much different where your are at. Sounds like your only options are to show up in court and hope the cop doesn't show up, or make the corrections and get it signed off after inspection. (helps if you have some cop friends)

Good luck
Old 02-22-2008, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 320
i got a ticket in hollywood, ca for not having front plates. and yes,my car was parked. it was a fix it ticket tho, all i did was put the plate back, took a pic, took it back off.then i mailed the picture in and that was it
Old 02-22-2008, 11:49 PM

CLK 430
First off that sux really bad. Tint tickets for one are not cheap. Thats the bad thing about our cars and having them look nice, they get so much attention-good and bad. The guy was probably just jealous that a college guys car is 10 times nicer than what he drives, so to **** you off he had to give you all those tickets, and being so pissed he couldn't even think clearly and wrote the wrong things down. So what you should do is definitely go to court, but dress up in nice slacks, shirt and tie, with a briefcase and completely defend your case! Say you were on private property and he shouldn't have given you a ticket?!?!? I know a guy who did that for some racing ticket and actually got away with it.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
MB nukka.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Almost a Member!

clk 430
lol daymmm that sucks maneee hmm i live in vancouver bc over in canada . ..
it sucks u cant have tint theyll fine ur a$$ no lights or any thing either lol
uhhh try to take it to court it doesnt hurt mann i did it i got a ticket for
speeding bad took it to court he showed up and can'ed me now i cant drive
for a year gl on that :P
Old 02-23-2008, 09:08 PM

CLK320 2002
yea same stuff around here in san francisco i had this one parking guy on my back he kept on giving me tickets for like the smallest things not having my license plates cause i had new tags on em and like wheels arent turned the right way and no front plate i swear he waited for me to park and hed roll up and give me a ticket dam ******* then one day i got in a fight with him.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 AM

You live in New Jersey so the laws may be different. In New York the slightest incorrection will cause the ticket to get thrown ex, yr, make, model and even color. In NY theres a meter they use to measure your windows. So if your car was parked theres no way they would be able the measure your window. You need to find out how they do things out there. And he took your PBA. A real A**hole. In NY a PBA will pretty much get you out of most traffic violation depending on the officer. Good luck with that.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
I have been harrassed all my life, so I know how you all feel. I don't buck the system anymore and I definately don't park on the street either, its strickly parking lots or garages for me.

Cops and the meter maids have all become revenue generators now.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by 2PHAST
I have been harrassed all my life, so I know how you all feel. I don't buck the system anymore and I definately don't park on the street either, its strickly parking lots or garages for me.

Cops and the meter maids have all become revenue generators now.
it WAS a parkin lotttt lol
Old 02-26-2008, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
If your referring to parking in a lot at a University and you were ticketed by a University Police officer, that is completely within their right. Meter maids and city police can not patrol private lots or issue tickets on private property. On priviate property, you don't need plates, tabs, lights, bumpers etc. Only when your vehicle is on a public roadway, either parked or moving.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Hate to admit it but you're beat.Since it's not a moving violation the tickets are issued to the registered owner.Just suck it up and pay it.