MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   dealer wants $22.00 for ea camber bolts ? wtf (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/233567-dealer-wants-22-00-ea-camber-bolts-wtf.html)

J56BP 03-04-2008 08:41 PM

dealer wants $22.00 for ea camber bolts ? wtf

i need 4 camber bolts (front)....called MB they told me $22.00 + tx for ea ***** one. any place i can get it cheaper?

plz advice:crazy:

MarcusF 03-04-2008 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by J56BP (Post 2690515)
i need 4 camber bolts (front)....called MB they told me $22.00 + tx for ea ***** one. any place i can get it cheaper?

plz advice:crazy:

Mercedes-Benz of Santa Clarita (California) does alignments for $99, and camber bolts are included. You may want to ask your local dealer what they charge for an alignment.

Orkinman 03-05-2008 12:50 PM

Evosport has them for 8 bucks.

CLK FAN 03-05-2008 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by MarcusF (Post 2690909)
Mercedes-Benz of Santa Clarita (California) does alignments for $99, and camber bolts are included. You may want to ask your local dealer what they charge for an alignment.

Are you serious? Thanks for the heads up...if my car is lowered they will give me bolts as a part of the charge for fixing negative camber? Let me know please thanks.

MarcusF 03-06-2008 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by CLK FAN (Post 2691681)
Are you serious? Thanks for the heads up...if my car is lowered they will give me bolts as a part of the charge for fixing negative camber? Let me know please thanks.

Mercedes-Benz of Valencia will swap in factory camber bolts, but if your car is as low as it looks in those photos, *I think* you’ll be wasting your money. The factory camber bolts won't do the job. That car looks like it needs slotted ball joints. K-Mac might have a kit for you.

ratha67 03-06-2008 06:53 PM

I just had my alignment done by the dealer in Anaheim Hills, CA. Originally, I was quoted $89. After that, depending on if it needed Camber bolts, and depending on how many it needed, it could run as high as $265. When I was waiting in the waiting room, I was thinking for sure they were going to run up the bill (pretty bad camber problem/what we expect from the stealership. Turns out, to my surprise, they charged me $89 and said that they were able to get the alignment within spec without putting in the longer bolts. good deal.

J56BP 03-07-2008 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ratha67 (Post 2694673)
I just had my alignment done by the dealer in Anaheim Hills, CA. Originally, I was quoted $89. After that, depending on if it needed Camber bolts, and depending on how many it needed, it could run as high as $265. When I was waiting in the waiting room, I was thinking for sure they were going to run up the bill (pretty bad camber problem/what we expect from the stealership. Turns out, to my surprise, they charged me $89 and said that they were able to get the alignment within spec without putting in the longer bolts. good deal.

unreal.....called my local mf..MB mercedes of pompano alignment $129.99 ( bolts are phuckin extra $22.00 ea + tax)....gd s.florida total bs. :crazy: