CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

removing the MAF sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo Momma
removing the MAF sensor

Hey guys, some of you know that i have been getting a misfire in the cylinder 3 and there was no check engine light so i took the cables out and put them back in nice and tight, so now i have no codes but the car still shakes...i also read on the boards that i might want to clean my MAF sensor with the MAF sensor cleaner...I bought the cleaner from Autozone and in the directions it said i need to open the sensor, now how do i open this thing? Its like rivets in there, do i need a special tool to open it?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430, SC430, RX330
Originally Posted by ZEEK
Hey guys, some of you know that i have been getting a misfire in the cylinder 3 and there was no check engine light so i took the cables out and put them back in nice and tight, so now i have no codes but the car still shakes...i also read on the boards that i might want to clean my MAF sensor with the MAF sensor cleaner...I bought the cleaner from Autozone and in the directions it said i need to open the sensor, now how do i open this thing? Its like rivets in there, do i need a special tool to open it?
I'm not sure what you mean by opening it. If you remove the MAF, you can just either spray the cleaner through the black plastic cylinder (just a few quick sprays at the wire). Or you can take a security torx bit and remove the MAF insert from the assembly and that gives you easier access to give the metal wire a few quick sprays. Here's the DIY writeup a lot of us have followed.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/189777-instructional-430clk-how-change-air-filter-clean-maf.html

Good luck
Old 07-21-2008, 08:21 AM

CLK430
I just cleaned my this weekend. Spray it throught the black plastic screen, it is easier. Spray it let it dry and spray it again. Make sure you have cleaner that says "No residue".

Also when you put it back together. Make sure you have a tight seal. If you have a loose seal on the rubber gasket, your care will stall.

Once it is cleaned, it will run great.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo Momma
thanks guys.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:13 PM

CLS63 AMG S
hmm so miniscule but i still havnt done it lol damn lazyness