MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   A host of problems... Could they be related?? (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/256660-host-problems-could-they-related.html)

visualware 08-14-2008 01:03 AM

A host of problems... Could they be related??

My cassette player is not working. It has a tape in it and when I press the cassette button on the radio it goes directly to the FM radio. Well, I figured I'd listen to the CD player and that went well for about 3 days. Now it is not working either. It also has CD's in the magazine and I cannot eject the cartridge. The message keeps telling me that there is no magazine loaded. I'm also replacing my headlights at a rate of every 4-6 weeks. My drivers seat is stuck in the same position and does not move forward or backward. Could all of these nagging problems be somehow related. I can only imagine what the dealer would charge to fix these issues one by on :) Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm around 10K miles overdue on a class b maintenance and my CEL has been on for around 5 months now. I had diagnostics run at Autozone and it points to the MAF. I have intermittent stalling/hesitation problems when stopping/accellerating but I cannot bring myself to replace the MAF ($$$) if there is no guarantee that it is the root of the problem.

ratha67 08-14-2008 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by visualware (Post 2996806)
My cassette player is not working. It has a tape in it and when I press the cassette button on the radio it goes directly to the FM radio. Well, I figured I'd listen to the CD player and that went well for about 3 days. Now it is not working either. It also has CD's in the magazine and I cannot eject the cartridge. The message keeps telling me that there is no magazine loaded. I'm also replacing my headlights at a rate of every 4-6 weeks. My drivers seat is stuck in the same position and does not move forward or backward. Could all of these nagging problems be somehow related. I can only imagine what the dealer would charge to fix these issues one by on :) Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm around 10K miles overdue on a class b maintenance and my CEL has been on for around 5 months now. I had diagnostics run at Autozone and it points to the MAF. I have intermittent stalling/hesitation problems when stopping/accellerating but I cannot bring myself to replace the MAF ($$$) if there is no guarantee that it is the root of the problem.

I definitely sympathize with all of the issues you are having with your clk, but I doubt any of the problems are related.

I've had the same issues with a cd being jammed in the magazine, causing the cartridge to be stuck in the changer. Solution: took the changer apart and forced the cartridge out with a screwdriver. Its been good ever since.

My seat is currently stuck, does not move forward or back. My "hit the seat motor with a hammer" solution has worked for over a year, but this week, the motor must be so seized up, I'm actually going to have to finally replace it. Have you checked fuses 7,8, and 9 in the trunk? If so, and the fuses are good, get out the trusty hammer and give the motor under the seat a couple taps. That usually does the trick to get the motor going again.

If the OBD-II reader is throwing a code for the MAF, that will generally mean a bad MAF or a vacuum leak in your intake. I postponed replacing the MAF too in mine. But after replacing it, I regretted waiting so long and dealing with the awful idle and hesitating throttle for so long. Cleaning it was a temporary fix for mine, and $5 for CRC MAF cleaner was well worth it. Give that a shot, and if that doesn't work, just buy a MAF off of ebay for about $100...Make sure it is a Bosch MAF instead of a generic knockoff.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

visualware 08-14-2008 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ratha67 (Post 2996951)
I definitely sympathize with all of the issues you are having with your clk, but I doubt any of the problems are related.

I've had the same issues with a cd being jammed in the magazine, causing the cartridge to be stuck in the changer. Solution: took the changer apart and forced the cartridge out with a screwdriver. Its been good ever since.

My seat is currently stuck, does not move forward or back. My "hit the seat motor with a hammer" solution has worked for over a year, but this week, the motor must be so seized up, I'm actually going to have to finally replace it. Have you checked fuses 7,8, and 9 in the trunk? If so, and the fuses are good, get out the trusty hammer and give the motor under the seat a couple taps. That usually does the trick to get the motor going again.

If the OBD-II reader is throwing a code for the MAF, that will generally mean a bad MAF or a vacuum leak in your intake. I postponed replacing the MAF too in mine. But after replacing it, I regretted waiting so long and dealing with the awful idle and hesitating throttle for so long. Cleaning it was a temporary fix for mine, and $5 for CRC MAF cleaner was well worth it. Give that a shot, and if that doesn't work, just buy a MAF off of ebay for about $100...Make sure it is a Bosch MAF instead of a generic knockoff.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice... I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes...

Chappy 08-15-2008 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by visualware (Post 2996806)
Also, I'm around 10K miles overdue on a class b maintenance and my CEL has been on for around 5 months now.

Yikes. Get 'er in to the shop!

visualware 08-15-2008 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chappy (Post 2999186)
Yikes. Get 'er in to the shop!

Your're right... I've held out a little too long