MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   pasenger seat won't move back. (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/270232-pasenger-seat-wont-move-back.html)

miguel430 11-17-2008 06:03 PM

pasenger seat won't move back.

anybody had this problem? i moved the pasenger seat back to clean the floor and it won't go back it goes up down tilt but not back i had this hapend to me ones and like a week later it worked, i guess i have to wait unless some one was able to fix it,, thanks.:confused:

wmasmb430 11-17-2008 06:35 PM

same thing happens to me. I found out that it was because i blew a fuse.

Gundo 11-17-2008 07:10 PM

Do a search through old threads there is a bunch on this topic. I believe if its not a blown fuse (in Trunk) and you can here a clicking under the seat when you hit the button, than you may have a blown seat motor. I am not sure if there is a relay as well that you can check. Also look and make sure nothing is stuck in your track like a penny or something....

miguel430 11-17-2008 07:16 PM

yeah i hear the click but it won't work its wierd cuz the last time it hapend i gave up and a week later it worked ha ha well i'll keep cheking thanks..

sfclk 11-17-2008 07:42 PM

when i had a problem with the seats, i disconnected the control switch and then reconntected. it has worked perfect since. it seems to reset the system when disconnecting the control switch.

the problem it had was that it does exactly opposite what you press.

ratha67 11-17-2008 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by miguel430 (Post 3173577)
yeah i hear the click but it won't work its wierd cuz the last time it hapend i gave up and a week later it worked ha ha well i'll keep cheking thanks..

Happens to me a couple times a year. Try this:

After verifying that it is not the fuse in the trunk (#'s 6-9), tap the middle seat motor underneath the seat with a hammer while hitting the switch. Not the motor that is furthest forward, but the one right behind it, ... that should do the trick. Let me know if it works out for you. Good luck.

miguel430 11-18-2008 11:32 AM

just like a old starter ha ha i'll try it today thanks.. :y

Chevota 11-19-2008 07:09 PM

One day my pass seat would not recline further back than its normal upright driving position. Every other adj worked, but it would just stop before it would go back. One day I reset the sys for another reason by disconn the batt, and then it was fine. Weird....

The wifez ML55 had a prob too, one day the driver seat would tilt fwd, but not back! This quickly became awkward because I was driving when it happened! I pulled over and had to pull the switch assy from the seat, at that point it decided to work. No idea why but maybe it took pressure off a contact or something. On the back of the switch box assy it says “Made in Mexico”!!!!!!!!! Nice… Not only is this thing car not made in Germany, but it’s got mex parts? Makes you ask why buy Benz at all?
In the movies they call it “jumping the shark”; a final dying attempt at staying afloat. Is Benz doing so poorly that they’re stooping to Mex parts? Imo the cars should be 100% German, I’m not buying just a car, but in a way a work of art. I know the ML is put together here in the states, but Mex parts? Come on people! Sorry to digress….

rjlawlor646 11-27-2008 12:02 AM

it happened to me and it ended up being the switch on the door..my seat wouldnt move forward or back but all the other functions worked..so what i did was rearange the wires so that the up/down control on the seat controlled the front/back..works great..if you decide to do this, just find a good hight before you pull the wires! Hope this helps

Doova 03-15-2009 04:47 PM

Let me just tell you that you guys are awesome. My front seat just had the same problem (would not move forward or backwards). I just tapped the motor under the seat with a hammer while hitting the switch and that did the trick (after I checked the fuses and found nothing wrong with them). Good post guys! Thanks for the help.

miguel430 03-16-2009 11:11 AM

problem solve bought the motor...